Wish me luck

tekbow

Roadie
Today I start my Software Development Course with University of Edinburgh.

Fulltime, intensive, 4 months with placement assistance at the end.

I stopped taking piecemeal O&G consulting work 9 months ago to fully dedicate myself to learning the basics, and after a number of false starts, this seems to have prospects so fingers crossed for a new job in the new year.

And then I'll buy that ESP Custom Shop and MkIV I've fancied

Good luck, man!!!

Maybe in a few months you can develop the first Gear Forum plug-in, it’s an amp sim that just inserts memes into your DAW where the audio tracks should go!
I wonder could a plugin be developed for Recording Light Syndrome?

Ach, it only seems that way because I've got a British accent

Haha! My 16 year old son and I prefer to watch BBC World News here in the States. Two reasons:

1) It makes us feel smarter because of the accents.

2) The bad news doesn't seem so bad... again, because of the accents. :LOL:

Oh, and you got this!! :beer

Good luck! What type of languages are you going to learn?

My job is so scattered that I can't focus on much of anything, but I'd like to at some point get some courses/certification on data science and formally learn things like Python, Javascript, and SQL. Right now I'm writing SQL with trial and error, Google, reverse engineering other code, etc. But it would be great to really have a good foundation.

Today I start my Software Development Course with University of Edinburgh.

Fulltime, intensive, 4 months with placement assistance at the end.

I stopped taking piecemeal O&G consulting work 9 months ago to fully dedicate myself to learning the basics, and after a number of false starts, this seems to have prospects so fingers crossed for a new job in the new year.

And then I'll buy that ESP Custom Shop and MkIV I've fancied

Good luck! I am doing something similar soon. Advanced SQL classes. Unlike you I'm not looking forward to it LOL.

Good luck! What type of languages are you going to learn?

My job is so scattered that I can't focus on much of anything, but I'd like to at some point get some courses/certification on data science and formally learn things like Python, Javascript, and SQL. Right now I'm writing SQL with trial and error, Google, reverse engineering other code, etc. But it would be great to really have a good foundation.
I'll be doing Python, JS and some SQL later.

I'd self taught some JS basics using things like W3 and CodeWars, and so far Python isn't wildly different, just syntax and commands are slight variants.

Good luck! I am doing something similar soon. Advanced SQL classes. Unlike you I'm not looking forward to it LOL.

Good luck to you too! I'm looking forward to ESPs more than Software Dev'ing 😉

Back