Wireless in ears?

pipelineaudio

Shredder
I'm looking to pick up wireless in ears both for PA mixing duties and as a personal monitor for my Helix

I tried the Lekato wireless thing, dropout city. The Xvive is ok, but mono and REALLY bad in a strong 2.4g environment. I was looking at the NUX B7 whatever thing but people said they are horrible with the helix and pretty bad with any professional output level source. What other units should I be looking at?

This is one area where you have spend a few $$ to not have one issue or another. I’ve used many different budget systems from Amazon specials to Galaxy Audio and at this point I wouldn’t use anything below the Shure PSM-300 level. I never had dropout issues with the cheaper units, but the sound quality was always dookie, mostly because of noise, crappy, non-adjustable limiters, or cheap hardware.

I have zero doubt that those Shures are great, I use the guitar wirelesses they make, but man that is a horrifically inconvenient and unergonomic form factor, especially for my Helix's pedalboard space. I wish one of these dual dongle setups would get their acts straight, the Nux and Lekato systems work ok for weak guitar pickups, wish they could get their in ears right

I have zero doubt that those Shures are great, I use the guitar wirelesses they make, but man that is a horrifically inconvenient and unergonomic form factor, especially for my Helix's pedalboard space. I wish one of these dual dongle setups would get their acts straight, the Nux and Lekato systems work ok for weak guitar pickups, wish they could get their in ears right
I think Mackie makes a cheap one that’s dongle style, but I suspect it would be mono and 2.4ghz, so probably not any better. I’m sure the form factor on the nicer sets is because nobody is designing these for single input source use, most people are going to be connecting to a mixer of some kind instead of it being on the floor near a pedalboard.

Back