Will Zoom ms50g+ be good for my needs?

newpedals

Groupie
Hi!

Sometimes I have to play at places where the backline amp they have provided is too bad.

I am looking for a multi effects unit which can be used directly, bypassing their amp. Bonus points if it has a tuner, and occasionally used effects like phaser, tremolo etc.

I am not looking for anything too expensive. I can't figure out which multi effects units will allow me to go ampless if needed. The Zoom MS50G+ is in my budget, but I could spend a little more for a better unit.

If anyone has used or has access to the MS50G+, please let me know.

I checked couple of local stores, one did not have it in stock at the moment. Salesperson at another store said that the MS50G+ has "preamp" module, but may not allow me to go ampless. Don't know what that means.

Line 6 pod express?

It sounded good in the demos, but somehow the Zoom G2 Four and MS50G+ User interfaces seem a little easier to operate.

I am looking for information which says that some of these units can be used in an "ampless" way. It is not directly mentioned on many manufacturers websites. And most demos only showcase effects. So I got confused.

It sounded good in the demos, but somehow the Zoom G2 Four and MS50G+ User interfaces seem a little easier to operate.

I am looking for information which says that some of these units can be used in an "ampless" way. It is not directly mentioned on many manufacturers websites. And most demos only showcase effects. So I got confused.
I really think the pod express would be easier and sound better than the zoom.
The Pod Express interface is super straightforward and easy. I recommend you try that. Zoom amp and cab models just doesn’t sound as good as Line 6. And they made the Pod Express to sound great out of the box. And you can adjust things on the fly easily.

Back