Which amp would you pick?

Which amp would you pick?

• Total voters
If you can DIY a speaker box grab a sheet of $75 home Depot 17mm sande plywood. Pretty sure 1 sheet Will make two spec cabs. Two celestion f12-x200 will run $400 or the cheaper f12m-150 will run $300. A suitable used rack amp from music go around or local shop can usually be had for $150 or less. So for $5-$650 and a little elbow grease you would have a kick ass stereo rig that is much more enjoyable to play a modeler through than buying a headrush or screwing around swapping shit out of a mono combo. Trust me....I went the headrush route when I first bought my Axefx3. Then bought a couple HS5 Yamaha studio monitors. Still not happy I rolled the dice on the DIY F12 cabs...wish I would have done that to begin with.

Did everyone talk you out of the Bandit?

I talked myself out of it lol.
Well I was WRONG (and so were some others) for talking anyone out of the Peavey Transtube stuff. I just got a small Peavey Rage Transtube amp and I love the OD channel. Goes from clean to hairy to filth, and is very organic. Has a different flavour than tubes, but is very organic. I would say it's its own thing.

So I took all your inputs and picked NONE OF THE ABOVE. Thanks guys! Couldn't be happier with my choice.

Pics to come soon of what I picked at the end of the day...

So I took all your inputs and picked NONE OF THE ABOVE. Thanks guys! Couldn't be happier with my choice.

Pics to come soon of what I picked at the end of the day...

Ooh now it's a guessing game thread. I will take 2 guesses. Fender Mustang LT50 or Yamaha THR10.

No didn't mean for it become a guessing game.. haha

I ll spoil it.. I got a Supro Blues King 10 for a great deal, to quench my tube thirst, and a super cheap Peavey Rage 258 as a pwr amp + cab for my HX Stomp and I couldn't be happier. I am trying to score another Peavey to become a stereo rig..

I'm waiting as millions of other people are for Marshall to make their 50th anniversary series 1 watt amps a year round stock item .

Those things are the ultimate bedroom practice amps and sound INCREDIBLE .

Listen for yourself below , the first half of video is the Marshall Plexi 1 watt amp . The second half of video is the JCM 800 1 watt amp . The current DSL 1 watt amp does not compare at all .

I picked none of the above and IMHO if you are looking for those priced practice amps…. from those makers I’d choose the Blackstar St James.

As promised. This is what I ended up with...

16659586220463540995792636803606.jpg

A Peavey Rage 258 to act as a stereo rig and/or power amp plus cab for my HX Stomp.

A nice Supro Blues King 10 (5 Watts) as a clean pedal platform and/or a very expensive preamp pedal (using the line out, it's pretty good) ;)

with zero context, i can't answer this question intelligently at all. :)

give us some idea of what you are going for.

Back