What Is The Best Software For Creating Tablature From An MP3 (for guitar) ?

Do you mean software that generates tablature automatically?

Does something like that actually exist?

I can't answer your specific question, but for parts of songs that I actually need the tabs to, like solos while I'm learning them, I go to songsterr.com, because it has an option to edit the tab. It won't do it for you, but their tabs are generally quite accurate. So it's a great starting point.

But if I find a section that's incorrect, say from listening to the song while playing, and/or checking other tabs from players posting it on YT, I'll then edit the tab, take a Screenshot, then save it as an image file.

I can't answer your specific question, but for parts of songs that I actually need the tabs to, like solos while I'm learning them, I go to songsterr.com, because it has an option to edit the tab. It won't do it for you, but their tabs are generally quite accurate. So it's a great starting point.

But if I find a section that's incorrect, say from listening to the song while playing, and/or checking other tabs from players posting it on YT, I'll then edit the tab, take a Screenshot, then save it as an image file.
Songsterr is good for a lot of tunes, but it really shit the bed on "Hordes Of Locusts".

:cop

Best bet to extract individual note data from audio files would still be Melodyne DNA. But it only does MIDI, no TAB (which is pretty much impossible anyway as no software would know on which string you'd play that A2).

Best bet to extract individual note data from audio files would still be Melodyne DNA. But it only does MIDI, no TAB (which is pretty much impossible anyway as no software would know on which string you'd play that A2).
Just demo'ed a software called AnthemScore which said it could do this.

source.gif

Total fail.

:facepalm

And that's possibly why the guys at Melodyne can still be asking that money for Melodyne DNA.

Anyhow, I absolutely expect the situation to massively change during the next (possibly not even a) handful of years. Tools such as Moises (excellent "demixing" software) will improve so you will have access to individual extracted notes - and obviously from that moment on, MIDI extraction and score generation is a piece of cake.
Automatic TAB creation however IMO will still remain a different thing - as said, there's just too many ways of how to play any certain line on a guitar, so you will likely have to (re)assign the string numbers yourself.

On my phone (Android), I played with an app called "Chord AI" earlier this year and it was good for getting the chords of songs. The more complex the song is, the less accurate it is, but it got me in the ball park and I fine tuned from there.

I get most of my tab stuff from https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ but they certainly do not have it all.

And that's possibly why the guys at Melodyne can still be asking that money for Melodyne DNA.

Anyhow, I absolutely expect the situation to massively change during the next (possibly not even a) handful of years. Tools such as Moises (excellent "demixing" software) will improve so you will have access to individual extracted notes - and obviously from that moment on, MIDI extraction and score generation is a piece of cake.
Automatic TAB creation however IMO will still remain a different thing - as said, there's just too many ways of how to play any certain line on a guitar, so you will likely have to (re)assign the string numbers yourself.
I tried Moises, and the way they have the demo version locked down really turned me off from ever buying it.

Plus, it didn't really work that well either. :cop

I guess I'll stick to watching other people play the difficult parts on teh YouTube and slow down the video.

On my phone (Android), I played with an app called "Chord AI" earlier this year and it was good for getting the chords of songs. The more complex the song is, the less accurate it is, but it got me in the ball park and I fine tuned from there.

I get most of my tab stuff from https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ but they certainly do not have it all.
The best tab I've found for this track so far is on UG.

:headbang

This is an alternative to melodyne but you still gonna need to turn midi into tab…

Personally by the time i jumped through those hoops and fixed mistriggered notes im done transcribing and inputting it into GP8 and having coffee.

Back