What Are You Working On Right Now?

This song took about 10 hours of my life to really get under my hands.

If anyone sees anything I’m doing wrong (calling @metropolis_4 ) please, I’m all ears. School me.

I thought it sounded great!

If I were being really picky I might say there are a couple spots in the second video where the tone is maybe poking out just a bit too much (a couple chords maybe you hit a bit harder or were voiced on the higher strings so they poke out a touch more).

But I only say that in the interest of trying to provide some constructive feedback, I think you sound fantastic :beer

I’ve never played that show before, sounds like fun music

Still this (among other things): In The Name Of God
ITNOG Legato 109.png

Harmonic minor, so some wide stretches that need that pinky STRONGER!! Takes lots of practice to land the 'hammer-ons-from-nowhere' on the next-lower string, cleanly.

But it's a fun riff, and good for the fret hand muscles, for sure!

Plus, it's at 109 bpm, and I still can't do sextuplet hammer-ons at that tempo yet, so I'm hoping that practicing them repetitively will also build speed, but I just don't know.

This is one Dream Theater song that I "think" might be within reach, and I have most of the main parts very close. I'd LOVE to get this song some day!

I tweaked my Virtual Capo preset for this song yesterday, and today when I fired up the Axe, it still sounded awesome! (You know how sometimes you get a tone sounding sweet, but the next day with fresh ears, it's not quite there? I think this one is!)

Loads of low-end crunch! And kerrang. And harmonics. And... BALLZ!

Back