What a (not) great time to be a guitarist (who wants to build a pedalboard)!

Crash away everyone! I have grown to know I like flat boards vs. slanted PT style stuff. Boards are cashy as are power supplies. And I'm not doing the One Spot thing either, no matter how few pedals I actually have on the board :hmm

I will probably just stick with the GD modeler for now and suck it up. The OD pedal idea kind went in one brain cell and out the other just because I don't feel like futzing with it at this point.
Oooh those quick turns… one can decide on something one day, plan it out, imagine it, research it, listen to clips, looking at images, put stuff in the cart. Then the next day, nope…

Last time I had a pedal board I ended up having some noise problems that drove me nuts. Now, I didn’t use the expensive power banks, etc., but between that and cable problems, etc., once I found modelers could get me close enough - i sold all my pedals and vowed never to go back, LOL.

200.gif

Crash away everyone! I have grown to know I like flat boards vs. slanted PT style stuff. Boards are cashy as are power supplies. And I'm not doing the One Spot thing either, no matter how few pedals I actually have on the board :hmm

I will probably just stick with the GD modeler for now and suck it up. The OD pedal idea kind went in one brain cell and out the other just because I don't feel like futzing with it at this point.
I got the mxr power supply

It also comes down to what it's needed/required.

I would rather have 4 great pedals if that was all I needed. For a while I was required to have many many different tones that were all easily accessible, that made Helix a great fit. Now I'm not, so I sold Helix and got a few pedals I like more.

I'm just window shopping right now.

I want a wah, tuner and some OD choices initially. With pedal power. I will probably grab a Maverick mini (fairly cheap), polytune pedal but the OD side is wide open. Probably go TruTone for pedal power. None of these options are botique by any means but UGH.
See my board thread that I just posted. Maybe give you some ideas.

Back