Wah / Volume / Expression thread

ragingplatypi

Roadie
Anyone have experience with a combo wah/volume/expression offerings from the likes of Morley, Hotone, Mooer, Donner etc.? I’m curious to hear about real world experience- strengths and weaknesses.

So the Soul Press is something we all just talk about getting or recommend to solve someone else’s problems?

paging @kartikg3
I believe he uses the Soul Press 2
I used to have a soul press 2 that used as a vol/wah. It's good. But I couldn't get it to sound like my fav 535Q. So I sold that and bought a used 535Q mini, has a boost switch and all. For my current expression needs for my Stomp, I got an Ampero Press (which is a passive vol/exp pedal). It's sturdy. But only time will tell, as far as it's dependability is concerned. I read in multiple forums and videos (Josh Scott mentions as well) that wah+vol offerings are not as good as wah only and vol only offerings.

I used to have a soul press 2 that used as a vol/wah. It's good. But I couldn't get it to sound like my fav 535Q. So I sold that and bought a used 535Q mini, has a boost switch and all. For my current expression needs for my Stomp, I got an Ampero Press (which is a passive vol/exp pedal). It's sturdy. But only time will tell, as far as it's dependability is concerned. I read in multiple forums and videos (Josh Scott mentions as well) that wah+vol offerings are not as good as wah only and vol only offerings.
Thanks for the insight!

Any thoughts for someone who's interested in a traditional wah-only pedal, but is fairly clueless, and would prefer to spend ~$100 as opposed to ~$175? Is there anything out there with a reputation for "punching above its weight" as we sometimes like to say? I'm not a big wah guy, but I would like something passive to put in front of an actual amp now and then (versus going all crazy with 4cm and an expression pedal.)

This is a good indication of what I'm after (timestamped):

Back