Van Halen "The Seventh Seal" cover (and AxeFX preset)

DrewJD82

Staff member
I'm a bigger fan of Ed's Balance era tone more than any other, so I made a preset to soak in all that delay drenched, mictrotuned goodness. I flub a few times and I'm sure Ed plays half the parts differently, but I ain't Ed! Hahaha, when I was putting the video together I realized you could call me Edible Van Halen today. :rofl

I made the preset with the intention of sharing it, so I used Leon's TV Mix 7 IR you can find with his Days Of Gifts pack. Really simple preset, there's a drive on Scene 3 that's not really boosting anything, it was just softening the attack of my guitar but I didn't end up using it in the vid. I bet this preset would be that much better with different pickups than these damn Evolutions that are just in your face in an annoying way.

I made it on a III but I don't see why this couldn't run on anything else, it's just an amp, flanger, cab, pitch, delay and reverb.

"It just keeps doing that" :rofl

Sounds fantastic \m/ Excellent playing as well! I LOVE these tones. I didn't appreciate near as much at the time.

That album came out shortly after I started playing so they were all over MTV, I just remember hearing Ed's tone and thinking how wild it sounded, much like the first time I heard Zakk Wylde in "Perry Mason", both those tones are so big sounding, but the playing just as much.

I definitely didn't appreciate it back then as much as I do now.

Fantastic Drew, Balance is also one of my Fav EVH tones only slightly edged by Fair Warning, of course that's my preference
So now do I need to get a Fractal ??? :rofl

Fantastic Drew, Balance is also one of my Fav EVH tones only slightly edged by Fair Warning, of course that's my preference
So now do I need to get a Fractal ??? :rofl

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

Back