UAFX Orion Echo (tape). and Heavenly Reverb (plate) incoming.

KingsXJJ

Roadie
Amazon had these for $126 each so I pulled the trigger. I was impressed with the 1176 Compressor in the same line ( and I’m not a compressor guy) so I figured I’d give them a spin. They are not stereo nor midi controllable so I plan to use them with my JVM410H that recalls effects loop settings per channel. That and a bit of tap-dancing via the included Marshall foot control ought to do nicely.

Free Amazon returns so if they don’t work out… no harm no foul.

For those interested, I ordered the cab needed for my W/D/W home setup. Should be here by the weekend. Sneak preview:

Dry: EVH lunchbox, EVH 1X12 loaded with EVH Heritage Greenvack.

Wet(s): Two Bugera T5 5W Infinium heads, two EVH 1X12’s loaded with 65w Creambacks.

Effects: EVH delay, Volante, possibly Strymon BigSky MX, Dunlop M290 phaser and MXR M234 Chorus.

Drive pedal if needed for kicks: MXR 5150.

This ought to be interesting. My first W/D/W experiment.

It’s Monday. What do we do on Mondays? Buy pedals.

Do It GIF

If there is such a thing as a Gear Tsunami you are definitely feeling its impact. :LOL:

There here. I hope to test soon.

I usually know in about 15 mikes if the are G2G. Will report back.

Great prices and those look like cool pedals. I’d be curious about the Del Verb if they blow those out!

Here’s my personal take after demoing them.

The UAFX Heavenly Reverb. The name fits, A great pedal to try if you love plate reverb. This pedal is a keeper for me. Sounds exactly how I had hoped with more goodness possible. Sweet, sweet plate tones.
Guitar tone intact.

The UAFX Orion Echo. Nope and nope. El Cap V1 blows it out of the water hard IMO. Might be for some but not me. I’ll stick with my dynamic Duo: El Cap and Volante. Tape done right IMO.

Perhaps the awaited Timeline MX will replace them. That would take a serious next gen IMO.

😆

After watching Don Carr’s demo on SW, ordered the UAFX Evermore. Same at $126 AMZ. Love the 3 band decay options. We’ll see.

I wonder how far along that is in development. They’ve been cranking it out the last 18mos.
Yeah you'd think it would have been developed in tandem with the BigSky MX.

That said there's no guarantee that the Timeline MX will be able to do what the El Cap and Volante do. The Bigsky MX doesn't have all the features that make up the Nightsky for example. It's possible that you might need to build a "Volante" out of using multiple delays for example, which quickly gets more complicated to work with.

As for the UA pedals, I tried to see if I could find any video that compares the pedals to UA plugins, but couldn't find any. I'm curious how close to some of the plugins they are, namely is e.g the Heavenly Reverb just e.g the Pure Plate Reverb plugin in a box.

Anyway, at those prices they are not a bad buy at all if you don't mind their one sound at a time design.

Yeah you'd think it would have been developed in tandem with the BigSky MX.

That said there's no guarantee that the Timeline MX will be able to do what the El Cap and Volante do. The Bigsky MX doesn't have all the features that make up the Nightsky for example. It's possible that you might need to build a "Volante" out of using multiple delays for example, which quickly gets more complicated to work with.

As for the UA pedals, I tried to see if I could find any video that compares the pedals to UA plugins, but couldn't find any. I'm curious how close to some of the plugins they are, namely is e.g the Heavenly Reverb just e.g the Pure Plate Reverb plugin in a box.

Anyway, at those prices they are not a bad buy at all if you don't mind their one sound at a time design.
In tandem development on flagship items might be a tall order.

Great prices and those look like cool pedals. I’d be curious about the Del Verb if they blow those out!

I forgot entirely about the Del Verb and had to go back and watch LT’s demo of it. You don’t hear much about that pedal anymore, but it seems like a cool package.

In tandem development on flagship items might be a tall order.
The hard work is developing the platform itself, then it's just figuring out the algorithms. The platform is done bar some bug fixes that have come out in the past few months.

Strymon has made plenty of delays and reverbs so it's not like they're treading into unknown waters here.

Back