UA Doing Half-Yearly Sale (Native too)

Did you see this? Thomann is blowing out octo PCie cards for 399! I paid 1200 bucks for these.

Thanks for the heads up on this, Bruce! Just got shipping confirmation on two of them. Part of their... 70 Years in Biz...deals. What a price!

Thanks again.

Thanks for the heads up on this, Bruce! Just got shipping confirmation on two of them. Part of their... 70 Years in Biz...deals. What a price!

Thanks again.
No doubt, man. I bought two at 1199 each a few years ago. This is a blowout price.

• Much Love
Reactions: KFF
I totally forgot to buy more UA plugins after demoing them since I was not home. UA has luckily extended their sale (guess not enough sales) so I'm looking at them again.

To make it easy to figure out the bundle deals, I wrote a little Javascript that calculates the per plugin price of each bundle. You can open up the Developer console (F12 on Chrome/Chromium based browsers) and paste the following code on this webpage:

JavaScript:
const numPlugins = [2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 215, 118, 110];
Array.from(document.querySelectorAll('.custom-bundle-desktop .special-price .price'))
    .filter(el => el.nodeName === 'STRONG')
    .forEach((el, i) => {
        const trimmedText = el.innerHTML.trim(); // Remove spaces from text
        let value;
        if (trimmedText.startsWith('$')) {
            // Dollar prices, remove $ symbol and commas
            value = parseInt(trimmedText.replace('$', '').replace(',', ''));
        } else {
            // Euro prices, remove dots and replace comma with dots
            value = parseInt(trimmedText.replace('.', '').replace(',', '.'));
        }
        // Add new element with per plugin price
        const perPluginPriceEl = document.createElement('div');
        perPluginPriceEl.innerHTML = (value / numPlugins[i]).toFixed(2);
        el.parentNode.appendChild(perPluginPriceEl);
    });

The best deal is the Ultimate 12 Standard at ~7.72 € per plugin, but that's more than I'm willing to spend atm.
For the smaller bundles, the "any 10" is the best deal, "any 3+2" and "any 6" bundles are about the same, the "any 2 promo" is a bit better but does not have some plugins available. The "any 2+1" deal is the worst.

Last edited:
I totally forgot to buy more UA plugins after demoing them since I was not home. UA has luckily extended their sale (guess not enough sales) so I'm looking at them again.

To make it easy to figure out the bundle deals, I wrote a little Javascript that calculates the per plugin price of each bundle. You can open up the Developer console (F12 on Chrome/Chromium based browsers) and paste the following code on this webpage:

JavaScript:
const numPlugins = [2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 215, 118, 110];
Array.from(document.querySelectorAll('.custom-bundle-desktop .special-price .price'))
    .filter(el => el.nodeName === 'STRONG')
    .forEach((el, i) => {
        const trimmedText = el.innerHTML.trim(); // Remove spaces from text
        let value;
        if (trimmedText.startsWith('$')) {
            // Dollar prices, remove $ symbol and commas
            value = parseInt(trimmedText.replace('$', '').replace(',', ''));
        } else {
            // Euro prices, remove dots and replace comma with dots
            value = parseInt(trimmedText.replace('.', '').replace(',', '.'));
        }
        // Add new element with per plugin price
        const perPluginPriceEl = document.createElement('div');
        perPluginPriceEl.innerHTML = (value / numPlugins[i]).toFixed(2);
        el.parentNode.appendChild(perPluginPriceEl);
    });

The best deal is the Ultimate 12 Standard at ~7.72 € per plugin, but that's more than I'm willing to spend atm.
For the smaller bundles, the "any 10" is the best deal, "any 3+2" and "any 6" bundles are about the same, the "any 2 promo" is a bit better but does not have some plugins available. The "any 2+1" deal is the worst.
but this assumes that you want all plugins equally. IMO you have to factor in how much you actually want a particular plugin, there could well be several that you may not even want if it was free…

but this assumes that you want all plugins equally. IMO you have to factor in how much you actually want a particular plugin, there could well be several that you may not even want if it was free…
Oh absolutely. The idea was just to figure out if the per plugin cost of some of these bundles is more favorable than the others.

I'm thinking of getting the 6 plugin bundle with these:
  • Studer A800. I have the Oxide but the A800 sounds a bit better.
  • Capitol Chambers
  • Sound City Studios
  • 1176 Collection
  • Avalon Channel Strip
  • Manley Massive Passive
So a good bunch of the ones you recommended already. But I am open for recommendations if you think there's something I should consider picking over one of these. I liked how the Avalon sounded and its UI.

I've been just trying these with a few crappy guitar tracks so I don't know how well they work with drums and some of the demos expired already. How they sounded on guitar + how I liked the UI were the considerations.

Oh absolutely. The idea was just to figure out if the per plugin cost of some of these bundles is more favorable than the others.

I'm thinking of getting the 6 plugin bundle with these:
  • Studer A800. I have the Oxide but the A800 sounds a bit better.
  • Capitol Chambers
  • Sound City Studios
  • 1176 Collection
  • Avalon Channel Strip
  • Manley Massive Passive
So a good bunch of the ones you recommended already. But I am open for recommendations if you think there's something I should consider picking over one of these. I liked how the Avalon sounded and its UI.

I've been just trying these with a few crappy guitar tracks so I don't know how well they work with drums and some of the demos expired already. How they sounded on guitar + how I liked the UI were the considerations.
that’s honestly a pretty killer bunch of plugins.

My only thoughts would depend on use cases - they’re all solid choices for tracking, albeit the massive passive is more of a mix bus or even mastering tool.

Depending on what reverbs you have, you might like something like the Lexicon 224. I find it more useful than Sound City (which is kind of fun but a bit of a novelty).

The Avalon is famous for use on bass and vocals, it’s clean and crisp.

Ones I’d recommend:

- Distressor, so versatile that you can use it on anything any time. Great for tracking and mixing. Any source, even mix bus.
- Pure Plate (it’s sort of to their EMT140 what Oxide is to studer, based off the same code with less options). It’s a great sounding “real” plate, less overlap with Capitol and Sound City (which both have chambers).
- API 2500 (depending on what bus compressors you have). It’s pretty versatile and can add a lot of character too.
- Helios Type 69, just killer on guitars. The EQ is positioned so nicely for finding an area of midrange to enhance.

Honestly, you can’t go wrong. And you’ll end up with the others eventually anyway :)

I own pretty much everything from UAD, and it’s so hard to find a deal that makes sense for the plugins I’m not overly fussed about. In that sense the big bundles just take care of that in one hit.

that’s honestly a pretty killer bunch of plugins.

My only thoughts would depend on use cases - they’re all solid choices for tracking, albeit the massive passive is more of a mix bus or even mastering tool.

Depending on what reverbs you have, you might like something like the Lexicon 224. I find it more useful than Sound City (which is kind of fun but a bit of a novelty).

The Avalon is famous for use on bass and vocals, it’s clean and crisp.

Ones I’d recommend:

- Distressor, so versatile that you can use it on anything any time. Great for tracking and mixing. Any source, even mix bus.
- Pure Plate (it’s sort of to their EMT140 what Oxide is to studer, based off the same code with less options). It’s a great sounding “real” plate, less overlap with Capitol and Sound City (which both have chambers).
- API 2500 (depending on what bus compressors you have). It’s pretty versatile and can add a lot of character too.
- Helios Type 69, just killer on guitars. The EQ is positioned so nicely for finding an area of midrange to enhance.

Honestly, you can’t go wrong. And you’ll end up with the others eventually anyway :)

I own pretty much everything from UAD, and it’s so hard to find a deal that makes sense for the plugins I’m not overly fussed about. In that sense the big bundles just take care of that in one hit.
I already have the Pure Plate from the UA Essentials, need to check the others.

I'm looking to put together a good all-purpose set of plugins that is still a fairly small set so I can actually learn to use them effectively.

Back