Tonex " Official Joe Satriani " Amp Pack .... just released

BenIfin

Roadie
Hey all !

I'm not a Tonex user, but it seems to me that IK aren't f&cking around in terms of making Tonex the / if not already, "A.I Capturing Industry Standard"

I.m.h.o .... this is why a well done and supported proprietary product from an established major company will always blitz an open-sourced [free or paid] product .... just my 2c of course.

Looks like 17 different Amps from his personal collection with 59 Captures

Oh ..... and its $99 .

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tonex-satriani/

Ben

Last edited:
1719493982991.png

Honestly, artist packs are about the only semi interesting thing I find about captures in general. There is something really cool about knowing you’re playing a “famous” amp used on a certain album or by a specific artist.

But then you also realize, oh wait, these are the same Plexi/800/Fender/InsertAmp tones I can get on a million other devices. There is no joy in that mindset I suppose. :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, artist packs are about the only semi interesting thing I find about captures in general. There is something really cool about knowing you’re playing a “famous” amp used on a certain album or by a specific artist.

But then you also realize, oh wait, these are the same Plexi/800/Fender/InsertAmp tones I can get on a million other devices. There is no joy in that mindset I suppose. :ROFLMAO:
@Whizzinby buzz kill man! First the Neunaber Neuron now this? You’re killing’ me Smalls!

Nice to see IK succeeding in bringing an official ToneX pack endorsed by someone called Joe to market.

Some cool amps in there for sure. Haven’t checked if there is any direct models but per my post in the other thread:

- no input levels
- no direct models
- price over >$29

I’ll wait for it to be thrown into Total Studio V6.2 Max V3 Ultimate. I think between what’s in Amplitube and what I have already across various amp sims I’ll be fine.

???! I have the ToneX in an unopened box. Looking forward to being home and to check it out. I’ve heard a lot of great things about it. I have the Space, Time and Vibe to go along with it. Didn’t gel with the Drive pedal. But on to @JiveTurkey joke/post…. Am I missing something?
The Tonex gets bashed primarily for the software UX. The hardware itself is fine and there are many useful captures out there.

I actually really like my Tonex pedal. My other guitarist is an analog guy and I can’t get my Tonex back from him. Be prepared to sift through captures though.

Man, I actually would have SnATCH’d his up if it had the new Dragon captures. I regularly forget I bought the ToneX software when it was released.

The Marshall captures starting at 2:12 are the closest to the “Satch” lead tone that I’ve heard from any digital device, including the JS JVM’s on the FAS platform.

Perhaps it’s because John was playing a JS model with the infamous FRED, or because Joe helped dial his amps in during the capture process.

If I didn’t despise the TONEX platform, I’d be all over this.

I'm sure this wasn't cheap for them to do but I feel like $100 amp packs defeat the purpose of a "cheap" $170 device. Obviously you don't need the amp pack but it just seems pricey given how much the actual unit is

The Marshall captures starting at 2:12 are the closest to the “Satch” lead tone that I’ve heard from any digital device, including the JS JVM’s on the FAS platform.

Perhaps it’s because John was playing a JS model with the infamous FRED, or because Joe helped dial his amps in during the capture process.

If I didn’t despise the TONEX platform, I’d be all over this.

Is this finally THE 'game-changer'?!
I swear we've have so many I can't keep up. :facepalm:grin

I'm sure this wasn't cheap for them to do but I feel like $100 amp packs defeat the purpose of a "cheap" $170 device. Obviously you don't need the amp pack but it just seems pricey given how much the actual unit is

Agreed, but those devices were always meant to be a potential gateway…

dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

Satch goes through it here-

Since he’s looking at the finished product with all the graphics and everything, I’m assuming they captured the amps before this, but they also had his 3rd Power amps behind in there and mic’d up, so maybe there’s another pack on coming down the road.

Those all sounded great to me, though.

Back