TONEX for $50 No Prerequirements, Sorry Not Sorry

texhex

Roadie
TONEX SE is $49.99 right now. Looks like a good deal, almost bought it (got all the way to putting in my credit card info)… then I didn’t, even for $50. I can’t get past the UI, filtering defaults, obnoxious baked in constant advertising and the time it takes to make a Profile.

Makes me really appreciate the Kemper. Not a Kemper shill, but Rig Manager is so fast and easy for browsing/maintaining/backup/restore of Profiles, IRs, etc. and as an Editor and literally no one talks about iOS remote control. WTF, you want a damn wireless touch screen remote control for your Kemper, there you go already.

Sorry, just had to blow up a bit. I’m sure TONEX is awesome for what it is but just not my cup of tea.

TONEX SE is $49.99 right now. Looks like a good deal, almost bought it (got all the way to putting in my credit card info)… then I didn’t, even for $50. I can’t get past the UI, filtering defaults, obnoxious baked in constant advertising and the time it takes to make a Profile.

Makes me really appreciate the Kemper. Not a Kemper shill, but Rig Manager is so fast and easy for browsing/maintaining/backup/restore of Profiles, IRs, etc. and as an Editor and literally no one talks about iOS remote control. WTF, you want a damn wireless touch screen remote control for your Kemper, there you go already.

Sorry, just had to blow up a bit. I’m sure TONEX is awesome for what it is but just not my cup of tea.
Yeah the UI is lacking and I still can't figure out TONEnet. But they made a good sounding product for cheap so no hate here.

Are you still using the Kemper? If I recall you were a big fan on the other site (or maybe I'd seen you list Kempers for sale often lol)

Yeah the UI is lacking and I still can't figure out TONEnet. But they made a good sounding product for cheap so no hate here.

Are you still using the Kemper? If I recall you were a big fan on the other site (or maybe I'd seen you list Kempers for sale often lol)

Yeah, three times buying and selling the Kemper before it (Kemper Stage) finally stuck. Kemper Profiles of my own amps (and a few Rig Exchange Profiles) into Fractal for effects is where I ultimately ended up and am happy. I’m finally in a place with my amps and modelers now where if I’m thinking of getting a new physical amp (Orange amps I’m looking at you) I can either find a good Profile on Rig Exchange or use one of the models in the AXE. I literally just did this going for an Orange Rockerverb sound (damnit though I still want one of the real amps) and found a fantastic Rockerverb crunch Profile on Rig Exchange and modeled up the Rockerverb 50 in the AXE. Boom, done.

I’m tempted by TONEX and also by the Quad Cortex but each time the file management side of those solutions just isn’t for me compared to Kemper Rig Manager and AxeEdit.

I even downloaded the Neural App for the iPad (again) just to check it out, again. Is Nerual serious… this is what I would be stuck with? THIS is their external file manager? It doesn’t scale on an iPad (if I rotate the iPad this is HUGE and horrible to me) and there is no possible way my old ass could use something like this on a phone sized screen. Am I missing something?

wvAkP0k.png

QDLXleQ.png

Last edited:
Yeah, three times buying and selling the Kemper before it (Kemper Stage) finally stuck. Kemper Profiles of my own amps (and a few Rig Exchange Profiles) into Fractal for effects is where I ultimately ended up and am happy. I’m finally in a place with my amps and modelers now where if I’m thinking of getting a new physical amp (Orange amps I’m looking at you) I can either find a good Profile on Rig Exchange or use one of the models in the AXE. I literally just did this going for an Orange Rockerverb sound (damnit though I still want one of the real amps) and found a fantastic Rockerverb crunch Profile on Rig Exchange and modeled up the Rockerverb 50 in the AXE. Boom, done.

I’m tempted by TONEX and also by the Quad Cortex but each time the file management side of those solutions just isn’t for me compared to Kemper Rig Manager and AxeEdit.

I even downloaded the Neural App for the iPad (again) just to check it out, again. Is Nerual serious… this is what I would be stuck with? THIS is their external file manager? It doesn’t scale on an iPad (if I rotate the iPad this is HUGE and horrible to me) and there is no possible way my old ass could use something like this on a phone sized screen. Am I missing something?

wvAkP0k.png
Awesome! Yeah I very well might have messaged you awhile back about Kemper purchases lol

Anyway, I know we like to hate on the QC but it does do the capture/profile thing slightly better than the Kemper imo. However, it's just not as fully mature and the 3rd party ecosystem of the Kemper is wild. I'm still holding out hope for a kemper 2 or something like that. Although a Kemper does call my name from time to time

Also the lack of auditioning captures is a huge miss especially given the mesa that is file management

I got the iOS app version of it with an iRig dongle. Best thing about it was the JCM900 cap by @Deadpan

:headbang

I agree a lot of the UI is not all that intuitive, and that’s being kind.

No worries though, I bought it as a backup to the backup to the backup for my portable practice needs. (IE never)

Awesome! Yeah I very well might have messaged you awhile back about Kemper purchases lol

Anyway, I know we like to hate on the QC but it does do the capture/profile thing slightly better than the Kemper imo. However, it's just not as fully mature and the 3rd party ecosystem of the Kemper is wild. I'm still holding out hope for a kemper 2 or something like that. Although a Kemper does call my name from time to time

Also the lack of auditioning captures is a huge miss especially given the mesa that is file management

Dude! I just noticed that your Captures came up in that Orange Neural search screen shot. LOL! What a coincidence. I’ve almost bought that damn $1600 QC on TGP Emporium right now at least twice. :wat

Dude! I just noticed that your Captures came up in that Orange Neural search screen shot. LOL! What a coincidence. I’ve almost bought that damn $1600 QC on TGP Emporium right now at least twice. :wat
Yeah I made a few captures of the RV on round 2. If you are in the states just wait for a demo on SW to pop up. You have a warranty and can return if needed

Why are tonex and tonex se the same 149.99? I just found out someone is sending me a hardware tonex pedal, so I'm eager to try the capture procedure

LULZ!!!!!!!!!! Man you had me dead to rites! Even with the help of the great James Freeman I can't get this thing copied in Helix the way I can in Revalver or Audio Assault or THx, so its time to try tonex, but not for 150 for the software

chrome_Ry5w2x9CMK.png

TONEX SE was on sale for $/€49.99 but the promotion is over. TONEX SE is regular price, but TONEX and TONEX MAX remain on introductory prices. I know that leads to confusion with TONEX being 149.99 but I voted for keeping the intro pricing on those versions longer regardless.

TONEX SE was on sale for $/€49.99 but the promotion is over. TONEX SE is regular price, but TONEX and TONEX MAX remain on introductory prices. I know that leads to confusion with TONEX being 149.99 but I voted for keeping the intro pricing on those versions longer regardless.
I have a question about your total studio Max bundle. Some items like the sampler and a couple others have multiple installers with what looks like different versions. Do I just install the biggest ones or will I be missing anything?

I have a question about your total studio Max bundle. Some items like the sampler and a couple others have multiple installers with what looks like different versions. Do I just install the biggest ones or will I be missing anything?
For the digital download version (non-USB stick) you'd download each of the products in IK Product Manager.

Back