Tips for packaging a 1x12 for shipping?

spawnofthesith

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
I kinda swore off shipping larger pieces of gear years ago but I have a potential buyer for my empty mark 4 combo shell. I’ve never shipped a cab before, any tips to ensure safe transit?

Edit: I just had UPS pack it for me, I know they can be dicks about the insurance if they don’t package it themselves so seemed worth it

Last edited:
The key is double boxing and making sure there is zero movement of the item. The item must not touch any part of the box, and the foam or other packing materials should be selected and oriented such that they do not move.

Packing peanuts are forbidden since they can and will settle based on gravity.

Letting UPS do it is worth it if you are insuring it. They usually wont honor shipping damage claims if you pack it yourself.

The key is double boxing and making sure there is zero movement of the item. The item must not touch any part of the box, and the foam or other packing materials should be selected and oriented such that they do not move.

Packing peanuts are forbidden since they can and will settle based on gravity.

Letting UPS do it is worth it if you are insuring it. They usually wont honor shipping damage claims if you pack it yourself.

Yeah I figured insurance plus letting them do it was the safest bet in this scenario. The less stress for me the better :LOL:

Back