Tim Wakefield - AWESOME tribute.

Achilles

Rock Star
RIP - this is a great read for any sports fan.

TIM WAKEFIELD

As the longtime honorary chairman of the Red Sox Foundation, he did extensive work over the years with the Jimmy Fund, the fundraising arm of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, and built on a presence he had established during his playing days. The roles that Wakefield and his wife Stacy played for the Jimmy Fund are particularly poignant as we mourn his passing.

He was the 2010 recipient of the Roberto Clemente Award, presented by MLB to a player who “best exemplifies the game of baseball, sportsmanship, community.”

Lifelong Yankee fan but have definitely fallen off the sport as I grew up. I was at my peak interest when he was with the Red Sox. To me baseball was much more exciting during that era 😂

Anyway, loves watching him pitch and was very saddened by this news. Thinking of him and his family. Seemed to happen pretty quick

Lifelong Yankee fan.

So damn awesome seeing the old 'enemies' from that era going through their final years and visiting the opposing Fenway or Yankee stadium for the last time. I got major goosebumps with the Fenway reactions to both Jeter and Rivera and then NY with Big Papi and Varitek.

So damn awesome seeing the old 'enemies' from that era going through their final years and visiting the opposing Fenway or Yankee stadium for the last time. I got major goosebumps with the Fenway reactions to both Jeter and Rivera and then NY with Big Papi and Varitek.
Truly nothing but hatred when they were in their prime but looking back it was such an exciting time. I still remember watching Aaron Boone hit that walk off HR with my dad on vacation in CA.

Good to see the opposing fans treat them with respect

Back