This woefully broken healthcare system

Bruce

Shredder
No matter how much due diligence you do, you can never stay one step ahead of the American healthcare scam. Looked for a provider, ON MY INSURANCE COMPANIES WEBSITE. Found one I thought would be a good match. Called them, scheduled 2 telehealth visits. Was assured by the provider they were in network more than once.

I get an EOB and claim denial, they’re not in network. 400 dollar bill for my first visit on which I’ve paid a total of 50 in copays for both visits, reflecting a 350 dollar balance. Insurance company points the finger at the provider who points the finger at the insurance company while I end up with the bill.

Turns out the insurance company are the same old crooks with a new name. One sells to the other and gets absorbed into this decades long rolling conglomerate of companies eaten up, seemingly eroding the insureds benefits each time they pay dividends. Casually looking into them and the litany of lawsuits and fines they ended up paying to insured patients and the government they’re in bed with is sickening.

Just came here to warm up my fingers and eyes. Next stop is both the NY/NJ board of health, my local and state representatives, any and all kinds of patient advocates I can find and anyone else who I think might make some noise.

Self insure; disintermediate gooberment and corporate bureaucracies as it pertains to your healthcare. (Why did we ever let these entities enter into this critical relationship?)

Pay cash. See concierge care where it’s a relationship between you and the doctor.

Doctors don’t like the current system either.

Patient and Dr have been moved to the back of the bus, while the payer and the government make all the decisions.

Keep an emergency catastrophic policy for a big hit, but high deductible like $25k or whatever

I understand the allure to have someone else pay for ones medical bills, but having the government of all choices, seems like the worst of all alternatives for a hundred reasons.

I haven't had any expensive procedures or hospital visit yet, but I absolutely DREAD the day that I do, because I already know that I'll be getting f*cked, one way or another. 1,000 %

Back