Things that bother others but don't bother you

metropolis_4

Shredder
There are some things I'm really picky about, but fretboard radius is something I don't even notice. Anything between 7.25" to totally flat I can pick up and within seconds feel perfectly comfortable.

I used to jump back & forth between a 7.25" vintage fret Strat and a 17" jumbo fret Ibanez RG and barely notice the difference.

People tweaking tones on a modeler to try to make it sound like an amp they own, then complaining they can't get it to..., as opposed to just finding one of the other, several hundred amp models to enjoy.
I’ve found it actually much easier to dial in the amp to sound like the model. Every time I’ve tried the reverse it always seemed like I was chasing my tail.

F*ckin’ guitarists who put all this time into splitting hairs over tonal differences of whatever, getting all picky about their gear and what works or doesn’t but don’t spend a single bit of time understanding the recording process or give a sh*t about anything past the first 3” of the speaker grille of their cab.

These guys usually have the hardest takes on gear or crazy demands for what they’re willing to tolerate in a venue or recording session, the “I don’t turn down for anyone” types.

I give a little more leeway to the younger guys who just don’t know any better yet because they haven’t experienced it. But it blows my damn mind how so many people can’t realize how such small things can entirely the final outcome of their sound. I couldn’t imagine spending any time learning how transformers function but not putting in any time to understanding how the angle of a mic will effect the sound captured from a cab, or how a mix works, blah blah blah.

F*ckin’ guitarists who put all this time into splitting hairs over tonal differences of whatever, getting all picky about their gear and what works or doesn’t but don’t spend a single bit of time understanding the recording process or give a sh*t about anything past the first 3” of the speaker grille of their cab.

These guys usually have the hardest takes on gear or crazy demands for what they’re willing to tolerate in a venue or recording session, the “I don’t turn down for anyone” types.

I give a little more leeway to the younger guys who just don’t know any better yet because they haven’t experienced it. But it blows my damn mind how so many people can’t realize how such small things can entirely the final outcome of their sound. I couldn’t imagine spending any time learning how transformers function but not putting in any time to understanding how the angle of a mic will effect the sound captured from a cab, or how a mix works, blah blah blah.
"Guitarists" who do all the above, but can't play for shit. And never put in any time.

I have more self respect and worth than to play with those types. I’m the worlds OK’est guitar player. I am under no delusions.

I show up. On time. Sober. Well rehearsed with the material. Ready to follow directions.

Because of that I’m busier with good paying gigs than I want to be.

Things that don't bother me about guitars but seem bother lot of people out there are small cosmetic flaws and imperfections and weight.

Tiny little things that Cliff Chase and company should program the Fractal stuff to do, that you can do in no time yourself.

neck shape is such a non-issue to me. i simply do not care. doesn't make me any less shitty of a player on a different neck.

using the excuse that you can’t play a guitar because it is a [insert manufacturer here].

Any guitarist worth their salt can play any brand guitar, provided it is set up quasi decently. Should not be an issue

Back