The other green pedal

@Gearzilla I just received the diminutive Wampler variant yesterday. Also love it. NPD post coming soon.

UPDATE:

Last edited:
I think it's enough of a classic to warrant adding it to Fractal, but you could do some of the things it does with a Tube Screamer just fine.

It's quite a bit different to a Tube Screamer though. Check out Brian Wampler's video where he puts a TS9 and an ODR-1 through a spectrum analyser:

Frequency response and tone control behaviour is not the same. But there's much more to it than that - it's a feel thing.

Great pedal, unfortunately sold mine (an old, sorta first series model...) in a moment of utmost confusion.
If you are looking for a great clone @ mini pedal size, there's the Tone City Nobelman. That's what I will buy once I can clear up some space on my board.

It's quite a bit different to a Tube Screamer though. Check out Brian Wampler's video where he puts a TS9 and an ODR-1 through a spectrum analyser:

Frequency response and tone control behaviour is not the same. But there's much more to it than that - it's a feel thing.

Turn the tone knob down so it emphasizes mids and it does do similar things to a Tube Screamer. I'm not saying it's the same voicing or anything, but in that ballpark.

I've built one based on the Browne Protein green side which is basically a modded ODR-1. I like the Bluesbreaker side of the pedal much more.

So i see on FAS forum many there are asking for a Nobels ODR-1
isn't that like a favorite for country music OD?

shopping
Came here looking for a Digitech Bad Monkey thread; got a Nobels ODR-1 thread.

My first pedal was an ODR-1. I was maybe 12 and stopped at the crappy mall music store only to see them being blown out for $20. Oddly, the packaging was different then…I remember it being packaged without a box and in hard plastic like you’d usually see with an action figure.

It never got a fair shot because I was a terrible beginner at the time, but did think it sounded really cool with my tele through my POS Fender Stage Lead combo.

I lost track of it a couple years later and never saw it again. I keep thinking about chasing another one down.

Back