Tele Pickups

GTR37

Rock Star
So I am looking for pickups for my MIM Tele and man it is as big a rabbit hole as IRs
Anytime I ask I get the Fralin
Lollar , Don Mare
I don’t want to buy a TAG approved $740 bridge pickup
At any rate does anyone have some suggestions

I want to be able to do the country thing
Nice for chords and fingerpicking but also some
Classic Rock Billy Squier
or more modern country
Lonestar , Keith Urban

Thoughts ??

Try https://cavalierpickups.com

The website looks like straight out of Geocities but it's legit. Good prices, shipped quickly too.

I'm super happy with the Nocaster Holy Grail Lion bridge pickup and the Lion King neck pickup.
I saw the Cavalier actually his lion king neck sounds stellar

Was thinking about a Lion King with a Bakersfield bridge

The other on that I though was interesting was the Manlius, Hybrid 60 which basically has an A2 magnet under the high E, B,G strings and the A5 under the E, A, D strings for more clarity it's and interesting and kind of unique sound like a Brad paisley set but implemented differently

I bought a Cavalier Nashville Lion / Lion King set to install into a Squier CV Tele recently. Less harsh high end than the stock pickups. I'm happy with them.

I bought a Cavalier Nashville Lion / Lion King set to install into a Squier CV Tele recently. Less harsh high end than the stock pickups. I'm happy with them.
Cavaliers definitely seem to come up a lot at the top of the list

Cavaliers definitely seem to come up a lot at the top of the list
I kept seeing the brand being mentioned on other forums, so I decided to check them out. They are very reasonably priced. I went with the Nashville Lion because the description sounded like it was the middle ground for his pickups. I only got them in my guitar recently, so I'm still adapting to them.

I recorded a couple of short clips over the past few weeks.

Coincidentally, my sloppy comparison of the stock Squier pickups to the Cavaliers through the normal channel of an AC15:

And here's a quick mix with all the pickup positions in through both channels through both channels of my AC15.

I've used/use Dimarzio Area T set, Fralin vintage set with hot bridge, Fender Gen 4 set, Seymour noiseless neck. All great.

My fav set for the last couple years has been the Fender Pure Vintage 64 tele set. Awesome snap at the bridge with a very articulate neck pickup. I have them in 4 different telecasters.

Fralins have been my favorite tele pickups. Price isn’t crazy on them, in fact pretty much in line exactly with any of the other run of the mill usual suspects :idk

Twisted tele pickups are cool, although I’ve heard some people claim they don’t sound tele like. I disagree with that personally

Also let’s not forget that the type of Tele that you’re going for matters. For me I want a vintage blackguard tone. It must have three saddles. The construction of a Tele makes a big impact because of its simplicity.

Back