TASTY CHIPS INTEGRAL

BROCKSTAR

Roadie
So I just got this recently and loving it. It's amazing and fun. Came out last year sometime. Surprised that many don't know about it yet. I knew about it when it came out and been wanting it but never took the chance until now. $389 on perfect circuit but I used EMMA10 code and got $39 off from the original price.

Load up any convolutions up to 23 seconds each on USB drive (manual shows which ones work best, but a lot of others work too). Only limit is the size of your USB, so you could get a 256gb one like I have and put thousands on it. I have 12gb worth of convolutions and samples on it right now lol.

It's a dual convolution reverb IR pedal, but it's actually more than that. You can load up any convolution reverb file, but also load any .wav / .aiff / .ogg files too and even normal samples or you can record directly into the pedal and make your own reverb IR's with any sound source in the 1/4th input!

I've had convolution pedals like bigsky mx, beebo, logidy epsi in the past, but nothing comes close too this!

You also have EQ options, and option to control different things with expression too.

Midi and reverse convolution/sample options are supposed to be coming in the next firmware, which is late, but hoping anytime soon.

It's just so fun to record into it and make your own reverbs, or use any convolution you find on the internet for it, or the best part any sample that you'd usually use in a sampler and put it in the pedal and it'll turn it into a reverb, and then adjust EQ, position, pitch, attack and release and more to your liking!

Not only can you get sounds of reverbs from it, but also resonators, delays, filters, banjo like stuff, sitar like stuff and much more.

The only bad part about the entire thing is INTEGRAL only reads 1 folder deep. So all convolutions have to be only in one folder each and won't read any deeper than that. Also the samples can't be put into a folder, but just directly on the root of the USB. I hope they change this method sometime for a more cleaner approach to files.

Either way, the options are unlimited!

GET IT HERE - https://www.tastychips.nl/product/integral/

OR HERE - https://www.perfectcircuit.com/tasty-chips-integral.html

TASTY_CHIPS_INTEGRAL_7-31-2024_1_optimized_2000.jpg

Last edited:
I just got one this week! Curiosity got the better of me :rofl

I wonder if they'd marketed it as well as Poly did with the Verbs if it would be more popular. :idk They even have a lot of the same factory IRs, sourced from Openairlib. I think it's just a bit sus that Poly doesn't seem to credit the IR creators anywhere, even though almost everything on there is just downloaded off the internet. They make it seem like their "spaces" are something really exclusive.

I just got one this week! Curiosity got the better of me :rofl

I wonder if they'd marketed it as well as Poly did with the Verbs if it would be more popular. :idk They even have a lot of the same factory IRs, sourced from Openairlib. I think it's just a bit sus that Poly doesn't seem to credit the IR creators anywhere, even though almost everything on there is just downloaded off the internet. They make it seem like their "spaces" are something really exclusive.

Awesome! How are you liking it? :) Just got mine last Wednesday. I'm loving it more every day! I just talked to tasty chips over on instagram today and they said reverse samples did make it to the 3.1 firmware along with midi stuff. But didn't give me a time frame when it'll be out. Hopefully soon.

Awesome! How are you liking it? :) Just got mine last Wednesday. I'm loving it more every day! I just talked to tasty chips over on instagram today and they said reverse samples did make it to the 3.1 firmware along with midi stuff. But didn't give me a time frame when it'll be out. Hopefully soon.
Haven't had a lot of time with it yet and I've only used the factory IRs. It sounds as good as the IR you've got loaded, so anywhere from reallllly good to complete shite. I have yet to try anything weirder on it. I have 32gb sandisk ultrafit coming probably tomorrow and then I'll try loading some user IRs on it.

Haven't had a lot of time with it yet and I've only used the factory IRs. It sounds as good as the IR you've got loaded, so anywhere from reallllly good to complete shite. I have yet to try anything weirder on it. I have 32gb sandisk ultrafit coming probably tomorrow and then I'll try loading some user IRs on it.

Remember you can load any sample file too but they can't be loaded into a folder, but only loaded directly on the root of the usb. Doesn't have to be convolution IR's. Download random sounds from the internet from like https://freesound.org/ and turn them into awesome reverbs and stuff!

I've had a bit more time with it and it's... pretty tasty! Can't imagine having a much better sounding reverb at this price. All I have used so far is free impulses and it's a bit of work finding the good ones, kind of like going through a million toan captures to find a decent one. But the good ones sound really good. Next I'll get rid of all the crap I'll never use and keep the really good ones loaded.

Plates and springs are really good and you can get all the drip you want with the right IR. The 23 second limit hasn't been a problem yet.

I've had a bit more time with it and it's... pretty tasty! Can't imagine having a much better sounding reverb at this price. All I have used so far is free impulses and it's a bit of work finding the good ones, kind of like going through a million toan captures to find a decent one. But the good ones sound really good. Next I'll get rid of all the crap I'll never use and keep the really good ones loaded.

Plates and springs are really good and you can get all the drip you want with the right IR. The 23 second limit hasn't been a problem yet.

Don't forget to try just normal samples of every day sounds and also recording into it and make your own is simple and fast :]

I find it more fun using just normal samples of weird sounds compared to using convolution reverb IR's... but if you're going for more traditional sounds then convolutions is the way to go.

Don't forget to try just normal samples of every day sounds and also recording into it and make your own is simple and fast :]

I find it more fun using just normal samples of weird sounds compared to using convolution reverb IR's... but if you're going for more traditional sounds then convolutions is the way to go.
Most of the time I have it hooked up to the Korg Wavestate at the moment, so I could make some reallly weird samples :rofl most of my music time is spent making bad synthwave or cheesy ambient jams but I'll see if I can get around to trying the sampling

I thought I heard they are working on adding the ability 2 use two different IRs at the same time. I wonder if a firmware update can fix the one folder deep issue. I am definitely going to at some kind of IR loader hardware device, but not in a huge rush. It seems some things arent the greatest and I am sure they will be addressed in the future. I am also hoping that some come out at a lower price point. The Tasty Chips does seem awesome though. I am seeing IRs of Fairchilds, Fender Spring tanks and many other devices. Check out what Past to Future is doing, thats who I have seen putting out a variety oh hardware IRs.

I thought I heard they are working on adding the ability 2 use two different IRs at the same time. I wonder if a firmware update can fix the one folder deep issue. I am definitely going to at some kind of IR loader hardware device, but not in a huge rush. It seems some things arent the greatest and I am sure they will be addressed in the future. I am also hoping that some come out at a lower price point. The Tasty Chips does seem awesome though. I am seeing IRs of Fairchilds, Fender Spring tanks and many other devices. Check out what Past to Future is doing, thats who I have seen putting out a variety oh hardware IRs.

This does do 2 IR's at the same time.

This unit is the best IR hardware option out there in my opinion and I've played most of them. New firmware coming out soon that will have some midi stuff and also reverse sampling etc.

This does do 2 IR's at the same time.

This unit is the best IR hardware option out there in my opinion and I've played most of them. New firmware coming out soon that will have some midi stuff and also reverse sampling etc.
Oh ok, I thought they had to update it for 2 different irs at once, like one on the right and another on the left channel. I am kind of hoping I can get a Chinese version for under $100. I have plugins for them, not in a huge rush. Would be easier to move around my chain in a pedal.

Oh ok, I thought they had to update it for 2 different irs at once, like one on the right and another on the left channel. I am kind of hoping I can get a Chinese version for under $100. I have plugins for them, not in a huge rush. Would be easier to move around my chain in a pedal.

lol chinese version? There's no cheap version out there and probably won't be anything like the integral. It's definitely worth the asking price.

lol chinese version? There's no cheap version out there and probably won't be anything like the integral. It's definitely worth the asking price.
I didnt say it wasnt worth it, I was just saying, for me right now. I dont have to have it, I have a plugin for them and its good. If could just figure out a way to patch it in wherever and I am good. A pedal would be cool also and better for certain things for obvious reasons. It looks like a great device.

This pedal has made me appreciate the Mercury X even more. The 78 plate algorithm with a few minor tweaks sounds soooo close to the Nevo EMT 140 IRs I bought.

Back