Taking This Week Off. Maybe.

la szum

Goatlord
Had a huge push this Spring getting lots of cabins, cottages, and vacation rentals opened up and up to snuff prior to the
big Memorial Weekend opening of Summer. I am toast! Spent! :brick

My intentions are to take all this week to myself. The last time I tried to take a few days off I got calls, though. Fuck me!
Eager to see how this week unfolds. I need to take care of the homefront. Lots of piddly stuff I need to take care, but have been

too busy earning my keep to do so. :idk

One of the biggest pitfalls of being your own boss is that when shit hits the fan and you have no one to lean in other
than yourself. And if I don't take care of a spontaneous emergency or issue then people go elsewhere and I lose my
clients.

So don't fucking call me this week!! :rofl

Chair Itv GIF by The Only Way is Essex

relaxing episode 8 GIF

Relaxing Mandy Moore GIF by Aaron Taos

I hope it’s a relaxing one, brother!!!!

I have to spend a week getting everyone around me prepped for the week I take off, I get it!!

Soooooo, are you taking off? Not sure if I'm to get excited yet with you leaving everything kinda "up in the air" and all. :grin

Not to thread hijack but I'm taking a damn whole week off in June. Haven't had an enjoyable weeklong vacation since 18 or 19. That chit needs to change. I'm burned the fahk out.

I have similar experiences. I can't remember the last time I took a proper vacation for actual relaxation purposes.

For a long time, I just tried moving to different interesting parts of the globe because "hey, the travelling will be like a permanent vacation, right?".

Of course it doesn't work like that :facepalm I still had jobs and rent and bills to pay, even if I did live by the ocean and beach etc. I had even less time off, in order to make it all work haha.

So I still haven't had a vacation. I don't think I'd be able to sit still and do nothing at this point 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I have similar experiences. I can't remember the last time I took a proper vacation for actual relaxation purposes.

For a long time, I just kept moving to different parts of the globe because "hey, the travelling will be like a permanent vacation, right?".

Of course it doesn't work like that :facepalm I still had jobs and rent and bills to pay, even if I did live by the ocean and beach etc. I had even less time off, in order to make it all work haha.

So I still haven't had a vacation. I don't think I'd be able to sit still and do nothing at this point 🤷‍♂️

I wonder if it is a "Man" thing. We seem more evolved to feel/find meaning and significance based on what we do and accomplish. :idk

I think it is why a lot of men wither away as soon as they retire. It becomes a crisis.

Fuck, even though I am staying home this week I still have a list of things I want to accomplish around here. :cop
:wat

And I'll feel better if I actually do. :LOL:

Back