Survey: Sustainability, Consumer Behaviour, and Cultural Significance in Music Technology

POLYETHENOL

Hey folks,

For my MA research and dissertation, I'm investigating how we as a community interact with our equipment, think about sustainability, and value it.

If you have 15-20 minutes, I'd appreciate it if you could fill out this anonymous survey. It explores our relationship with music tech in today's environmentally conscious world.

Your responses will help shed light on how the music tech landscape is changing. Here's the link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YG33FX2

The sooner I can gather responses, the sooner I can begin writing my dissertation, so I'd really appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks for considering it.

Keanu Reeves Matrix GIF

POLYETHENOL, let me ask you a question;
You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise, it's crawling toward you.
You reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back.
The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.
How many ukulele songs do you have to listen to before you start to break stuff limp bizkit style?

Hey folks,

For my MA research and dissertation, I'm investigating how we as a community interact with our equipment, think about sustainability, and value it.

If you have 15-20 minutes, I'd appreciate it if you could fill out this anonymous survey. It explores our relationship with music tech in today's environmentally conscious world.

Your responses will help shed light on how the music tech landscape is changing. Here's the link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YG33FX2

The sooner I can gather responses, the sooner I can begin writing my dissertation, so I'd really appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks for considering it.
The pick one choice from each column sections were a bit silly, because you cannot give a truly accurate answer, because it may not be available...but good luck on your data.

The pick one choice from each column sections were a bit silly, because you cannot give a truly accurate answer, because it may not be available...but good luck on your data.
I genuinely appreciate the feedback. Although I won't have gotten it right the first time, I will integrate all valuable and effective input into the following survey. Thank you!

How do I think about sustainability:

Blackstar - will die in one year or less
Peavey - will outlast the foundations of the Earth

Everything else is somewhere in between.

Understood. Unfortunately, I can't change it now. I hope those who encounter the restriction will be able to persevere. All feedback is logged, and I won't repeat the same mistakes next time.
I’ll go back and complete the survey on my laptop. The exclusive columnar input is harder to make sense of on a little smartphone screen.

P.S. I use this little smartphone as music tech, and it’s nearly 10 years old. ;)

I’ll go back and complete the survey on my laptop. The exclusive columnar input is a little more challenging on a smartphone.
Thank you, mate. This is my first research project, so it's not perfect, but I tried my best to think about every question and the scale/format. I understand your frustration, and it is becoming apparent that it was my oversight.

Thank you, mate. This is my first research project, so it's not perfect, but I tried my best to think about every question and the scale/format. I understand your frustration, and it is becoming apparent that it was my oversight.
No worries. I think it’s an important research topic (where all products and technologies are concerned.)

Hi again, everyone. I need 43 more respondents to answer all three parts of the survey and demographics section before I can begin analysing the results and writing.

If you see this message and have not answered the survey yet, please do so. It would mean a great deal as I have limited time to write my dissertation. Thank you!

Have you posted it on other forums as well?
Hi mate, I have, indeed. I have it all over the place, but I need more respondents to finish the survey and not give up halfway through. Part 1 is nearing my sample size, but I have to wait until the demographics reach it, and that is lagging slightly. I can't think of any other way to hit my target audience besides these forums.

Be nice people.

FWIW the little information we have on our guest checks out.

But perhaps you'd like to share a some more of your background and Falmouth University credentials to put our members at ease @POLYETHENOL ?

What's your end goal, other than writing your dissertation? Because the issue needs to be dealt with, soon, and on a MAJOR level. And not just in music tech!

IOT, I'm talking to YOU! (Internet of things)

Back