Stratocaster bridge had to be raised for enough string height from the saddles -- any workarounds?

I got an 0.25, 0.5, and 1 degree shim from StewMac. If they work out, I might get some for some of my other guitars. While this one comparatively speaking needs more of an extreme adjustment, a few of the others might benefit from the 0.25 degree shims.

I gotcha. I’d probably consider taking that 1/8” off of the neck instead of modifying everything else to accommodate it as that’s where the issue is stemming from.
Oh sorry. I didn't see that you don't have a shim. I agree with Drew. Someone who is good with a table sander could do that for you. I think it should really come out of the neck.

Oh sorry. I didn't see that you don't have a shim. I agree with Drew. Someone who is good with a table sander could do that for you. I think it should really come out of the neck.
I'm going with a shim. I think it'll do the trick. I bought some for other guitars with a gift card, though I realize now Eat Beef StewMac and Cheese is on Amazon, and you get them cheaper. (Rather, they are more expensive, but StewMac has free shipping on Amazon versus their site). C'est la vie.

Back