Something fun for $475?

metropolis_4

Shredder
Amazon put the money for a return on credit instead of refunding to my bank (:hmm) so I’ve got a $475 Amazon gift card now.

I kinda want to just blow it on something fun, but I can’t decide what.

What would you get? Must be something available on Amazon, $500 max.

A new shower curtain??

Attachments

• IMG_4950.jpeg
    IMG_4950.jpeg
    507.3 KB · Views: 25
Amazon put the money for a return on credit instead of refunding to my bank (:hmm) so I’ve got a $475 Amazon gift card now.

I kinda want to just blow it on something fun, but I can’t decide what.

What would you get? Must be something available on Amazon, $500 max.
A bass?

I'd go for an Eart guitar; they have stainless steel frets!
Except if you get one with unleveled frets, and there is no sending that one back to China, and now you have to take it to a luthier to get it fixed, and you're unlucky and live in an area where they don't exist. So you have a choice, drive several hours to one, wait to get it done, drive to get it, hope everything is done properly, pay for it almost as the guitar costs. Or, buy tools to do it yourself. Except all that crap costs more than the guitar and you'll use it once in 5 years, maybe. And you'll probably fuck it up. So you decide to take it to a luthier who did a good leveling job, but when you get home you realize he damaged the finish because he didn't take the neck of, instead he clamped the whole guitar in some jig like it's a set neck. And now you just decide it's not worth the trouble, it's a pretty cheap instrument, it'll be a beater to toss around, heck, you may try to fix it yourself! So you go to a hardware store to look at some spray paint even though you have no fucking clue what you're doing, you buy some stupid spray paint and when you get to your car you see that your front right tire is flat. And now you're standing there like an idiot with stupid spray paint in stupid bag with stupid wet dry sanding paper looking at the stupid tire cursing stupid manufacturers for not putting spares in their stupid cars anymore, just those stupid kits that ruin the tire.
But yes, get an Eart.

Except if you get one with unleveled frets, and there is no sending that one back to China, and now you have to take it to a luthier to get it fixed, and you're unlucky and live in an area where they don't exist. So you have a choice, drive several hours to one, wait to get it done, drive to get it, hope everything is done properly, pay for it almost as the guitar costs. Or, buy tools to do it yourself. Except all that crap costs more than the guitar and you'll use it once in 5 years, maybe. And you'll probably fuck it up. So you decide to take it to a luthier who did a good leveling job, but when you get home you realize he damaged the finish because he didn't take the neck of, instead he clamped the whole guitar in some jig like it's a set neck. And now you just decide it's not worth the trouble, it's a pretty cheap instrument, it'll be a beater to toss around, heck, you may try to fix it yourself! So you go to a hardware store to look at some spray paint even though you have no fucking clue what you're doing, you buy some stupid spray paint and when you get to your car you see that your front right tire is flat. And now you're standing there like an idiot with stupid spray paint in stupid bag with stupid wet dry sanding paper looking at the stupid tire cursing stupid manufacturers for not putting spares in their stupid cars anymore, just those stupid kits that ruin the tire.
But yes, get an Eart.
Again -- needing that combo 100/laugh react here...

This is like the 4th time this kit has been brought up in the last 3 days around me. I think I’m going to snag one of these, so if it turns out my neighbors still bitch when I use it, I won’t be heartbroken to put them away. They’re sensitive enough to get a good amount of my drum tracks done by actually playing them then using SD3 for the sounds.

This is like the 4th time this kit has been brought up in the last 3 days around me. I think I’m going to snag one of these, so if it turns out my neighbors still bitch when I use it, I won’t be heartbroken to put them away. They’re sensitive enough to get a good amount of my drum tracks done by actually playing them then using SD3 for the sounds.
Yeah, me too…..lol. I have one on the way thanks to @Axe ……can’t wait to get it!

Back