Site Layout Request

Byrdman

Roadie
@DrewJD82 I have a request to see if anyone else thinks this is a good idea.

I recently changed to the dark format and the scroll slider on the right side is very light gray against an off white background and difficult to see. Can a darker color code request be possible next time they do any coding updates on the site? Even a darker gray would be better, IMO. And obviously no hurry at all.

Thanks!
Byrdman

@DrewJD82 I have a request to see if anyone else thinks this is a good idea.

I recently changed to the dark format and the scroll slider on the right side is very light gray against an off white background and difficult to see. Can a darker color code request be possible next time they do any coding updates on the site? Even a darker gray would be better, IMO. And obviously no hurry at all.

Thanks!
Byrdman
There was a setting I remember finding in Windows 7 where you could make it wider. I've never searched for it in later OS', nor do I know which one you're on, but it might help if you were to find that. Just saying, it used to be possible; maybe it still is.

There was a setting I remember finding in Windows 7 where you could make it wider. I've never searched for it in later OS', nor do I know which one you're on, but it might help if you were to find that. Just saying, it used to be possible; maybe it still is.
Yeah, I'll check that, thanks!! I'm on 10 and I think I can change it in the Windows system in the system registry.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll check that, thanks!! I'm on 10 and I think I can change it in the Windows system in the system registry.
I do remember on 7, I didn't have to go into the registry.

Edit: Although I just looked around and can't find it on 10, so it may have changed so that you do have to go into the registry.

Last edited:
I do remember on 7, I didn't have to go into the registry.
I just changed both colors on the scrollbar in the sys registry, restarted, and it did not do anything. I dont think the site has the ability either, it's baked in the Chrome browser. I'm going to google that and see what I can find.

One of our super secret behind the scenes guy will take a look, for good reasons I don't have access to the areas that can break the forum!

One of our super secret behind the scenes guy will take a look, for good reasons I don't have access to the areas that can break the forum!
Allgood now! I was able to change it using Chrome Custom Scrollbar Extension. Now I'm Dark Gray with Light Gray background.

Not sure if they can change it, it seems to be baked in to the web browser and using that extension worked great.

scroll slider
It's a scroll bar! Stop the emotional abuse!

the scroll wheel broke on mine
There are extensions (for Chrome and Firefox) which give you "touch" scrolling with a mouse. Like this one, just tweak in options to work with left click and adjust it to taste.

Last edited:
I have a possible request. Maybe I just can't figure it out but, whenever I post to a thread it's automatically watched. I fuckin hate it, I HATE IT!!! LOL

If that's not in user settings, can it please be, or make the default be unwatched when someone posts to a thread.

Any help is appreciated.

TIA

I have a possible request. Maybe I just can't figure it out but, whenever I post to a thread it's automatically watched. I fuckin hate it, I HATE IT!!! LOL

If that's not in user settings, can it please be, or make the default be unwatched when someone posts to a thread.

Any help is appreciated.

TIA
Go to your preferences and under Content Options you can uncheck it.
At first it was weird, but I kind of like it now.

Screen Shot 2023-11-16 at 6.13.16 AM.png

Back