Samsung Automated Assistant AI Chatbot helped me save over $600 on new TV

gearJunkie

Shredder
My 7 year old Samsung QLED TV has been misbehaving for the past year, and has now developed a pronounced constant flicker on the left side of the screen. Probably an issue with the LED backlight grid.

Decided to purchase the 85" Samsung Neo QLED 4K QN90C. Best price I could find for a brand new unit was $2999 at Amazon & Best Buy.

I didn't want to get a new soundbar, so I went to the Samsung support site and initiated a chat session to ask about the compatibility of my soundbar with the new TV.

After the AA was able to confirm the HW-K850 was compatible with the QN90C, it offered to find the best deal available for the TV and help me complete the direct from Samsung purchase.

The final price with tax and delivery was $639 less than Amazon and Best Buy. It should be arriving next weekend.

I guess AI is good for more the creating fancy avatars. :rofl

Last edited:
My 7 year old Samsung QLED TV has been misbehaving for the past year, and has now developed a pronounced constant flicker on the left side of the screen. Probably an issue with the LED backlight grid.
Five days have passed since I ordered the new TV, and the"flicker' issue that materialized about a month ago has disappeared. :facepalm

I guess my home office / studio is getting an upgrade at least until it :poop: the bed again. :rofl

I have a 2.5 year old Samsung that had a vertical line about 6" from the left side, did it for like a week and then "poof", gone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Five days have passed since I ordered the new TV, and the"flicker' issue that materialized about a month ago has disappeared. :facepalm

I guess my home office / studio is getting an upgrade at least until it :poop: the bed again. :rofl

Flickering I think is caused by the panel power supply dyeing.

I have a 43" display I use as TV that developed the same issue with the flickering being intermittent.
I've solved, so far, by reducing brightness and contrast under the crapping threshold level.

I'm just telling you because you might find a use for that TV, if the issue is like mine.

Flickering I think is caused by the panel power supply dyeing.

I have a 43" display I use as TV that developed the same issue with the flickering being intermittent.
I've solved, so far, by reducing brightness and contrast under the crapping threshold level.

I'm just telling you because you might find a use for that TV, if the issue is like mine.
Thanks for sharing your experience with a similar issue. Since I presently have only one TV,, the "intermittently defective" Samsung will find use in my office or bedroom after the new one arrives in a few days, at least until it dies.

:beer

I have a backlight issue on the right side of our TV. The fix seems easy but a repair might only cost nothing over $200 so I'd like to try that over DIY or new TV.

Back