Quick recording using only Steven Slate VSX headphones for dialing in/monitoring/mixing

FAKA!

Roadie
Scored those VSX headphones for fathers day last week and did a quick riff challenge yesterday using them. I did something I haven't done in a very long time. I dialed everything amps/bass/drums only using headphones and it came out ok... There might be something to this VSX thing besides marking afterall 🤔

Nice! Great clarity in the mix.

I do like the versatility of environments the VSX provides.

The flat mode gives a great clean slate.

A useful tool for sure.

Scored those VSX headphones for fathers day last week and did a quick riff challenge yesterday using them. I did something I haven't done in a very long time. I dialed everything amps/bass/drums only using headphones and it came out ok... There might be something to this VSX thing besides marking afterall 🤔

I haven’t seen that anthology since I was a kid. I need to watch it again. :ROFLMAO:

I got a pair of VSX’s a couple weeks ago. I haven’t used them in depth yet, but I have used them twice to check bass levels, which always seem to give me fits.

I haven’t ponied up for the extra studio rooms yet. Largely using what comes with it stock.

Nice track man.

So I’m getting the impression that the VSX slate is really like the Yamaha NS10.

Purposely limited; but a standard sound source that everybody can mix to. 🤔

Nice! Great clarity in the mix.

I do like the versatility of environments the VSX provides.

The flat mode gives a great clean slate.

A useful tool for sure.
Thanks man, and I agree, super useful. My other main headset was HD600s with Sonarworks but the lastest revision was clunky for me so I stopped using it.

I haven’t seen that anthology since I was a kid. I need to watch it again. :ROFLMAO:

I got a pair of VSX’s a couple weeks ago. I haven’t used them in depth yet, but I have used them twice to check bass levels, which always seem to give me fits.

I haven’t ponied up for the extra studio rooms yet. Largely using what comes with it stock.

Nice track man.
Trilogy of Terror!!! That shit freaked me out as a kid... classic shit!

As for VSX, I did some reading before I picked mine up and it seemed like everybody would say they liked the Archon room... I saw that wasnt in the 299 bundle so went for the 499 one. And what do you know, the Archon room seems best for what im doing and dialing in.

I dig it man, and the Fryette sounds heavy AF.
Thanks FuzzyAce! I love my Ultralead. I was debating on not using the master effects pmeq in the loop cause it does change it quite a bit. Still heavy but I think straight with nothing in the loop sounds more raw for sure.

So I’m getting the impression that the VSX slate is really like the Yamaha NS10.

Purposely limited; but a standard sound source that everybody can mix to. 🤔
I think its the best headphone solution if you can't have a good treated room to setup in. I have good gear but no space, i'm talking a small corner in the bedroom surrounded by shelves of amps lol. I usually do super quick, once a week recordings, in under 2 hours on a Sunday lol. What sounds good in my monitors doesn't really translate well, unless I put in a lot of time and test in my car, laptop, phone etc. So far VSX aint bad.

Back