PSA Crosby Pedalboard Cable Kit

Baba

Shredder
DO NOT GET THESE, unless you want to turn into a serial killer.

Profile-wise, and operational-wise, they are great. They work perfectly, the first time.

The problem is, getting that tiny screw into each cable jack/end/whatever you call it. It is a SEVERE test of patience, to say the least, and I'm probably the most patient person ANY of you know, lol.

I have never cursed so much at one time, in my life :LOL:

Sounds like my experience with the Obsidian solderless stuff, by the time I was done I’d rather have spent 2 hours fighting a solder iron in a small cavity than have dealt with that bullshit!

I don't have much experience with solderless cables but the experiences I did have with them made me up my soldering game as to never want to deal with that again.

Verschlimmbesserung strikes again. :cop

One of my favourite German words that has no direct translation

into English---apart from 1 step forward actually equaling 2 steps

back.

Time saved = time lost. Sorry to hear that. :hugitout

Thanks for the new word 👍

I have had a failure or 2, with my George L's, but once I fixed them, they've never broken again, and I think that might have been the "learning curve" builds. I still have 2 George L patch cables that I use from time to time, (from a pedalboard from like 2016), and they still work perfectly.

During the pandemic, with too much time on my hands, and no money being spent on beers in local dives, I bought a Boss solderless kit - "the big one" actually, because I had mysteriously built up a lot of self esteem.

The rest is history. I was sooooooooo angry, I swear I could've gone down to the streets and thrown around cars, like the Hulk. For some reason my skin didn't turn green and my shirt didn't rip apart. 😂

I have ADHD and when I'm under stress, I get impatient, erratic, imprecise, and my motoric skills seem to vanish.

I wanted to make sure, so I intentionally "reserved" half a day for it, sat down, pretty relaxed at first, all going smooth, and assembled 10 cables to rewire/rearrange my huge board, all seemed good... Until:

NONE OF THEM WORKED.

ZERO.

Long story short, I avoid solderless cables like the plague.

Last edited:
During the pandemic, with too much time on my hands, and no money being spent on beers in local dives, I bought a Boss solderless kit - "the big one" actually, because I had mysteriously built up a lot of self esteem.

The rest is history. I was sooooooooo angry, I swear I could've gone down to the streets and thrown around cars, like the Hulk. For some reason my skin didn't turn green and my shirt didn't rip apart. 😂

I have ADHD and when I'm under stress, I get erratic, impressive, and my motoric skills seem to vanish.

I wanted to make sure, so I intentionally "reserved" half a day for it, sat down, pretty relaxed at first, all going smooth, and assembled 10 cables to rewire/rearrange my huge board, all seemed good... Until:

NONE OF THEM WORKED.

ZERO.

I wlll say, ALL of the 4 that I built, worked, immediately, but I had experience with George L's before this, so . . .

I let some hipster salesman talk me into one of the DIY solderless kits once upon a time. Especially foolish since cables of exactly the lengths I needed were sitting right next to those kits, for a lot less money. The guy told me the solderless cables (I think they were George L's) would be more reliable and sound better. (I thought he might be half right.) They were mostly fine, but they were also more money and more work. And at the end of the day, all of my cheap factory-manufactured cables are always completely fine. :idk

I let some hipster salesman talk me into one of the DIY solderless kits once upon a time. Especially foolish since cables of exactly the lengths I needed were sitting right next to those kits, for a lot less money. The guy told me the solderless cables (I think they were George L's) would be more reliable and sound better. (I thought he might be half right.) They were mostly fine, but they were also more money and more work. And at the end of the day, all of my cheap factory-manufactured cables are always completely fine. :idk
Totally. I assume ALL cables will fail eventually, and add that as the "cost of doing business", and have backups, like I do for ALL my gear.

I have ADHD and when I'm under stress, I get impatient, erratic, imprecise, and my motoric skills seem to vanish.

NONE OF THEM WORKED.

ZERO.

Turning Natalie Portman GIF by foxhorror

Back