PSA: Boss DS-1 Waza $99

EOengineer

Roadie
Hey all! Most US retailers are selling the DS-1W at a pretty steep discount right now. Just a heads up. The waza stuff seems to get some love around here.

Looks like Christmas is coming early this year.

Edit: looks like Heavy Metal Waza is marked down too. Come on Blues Driver Waza…

Last edited:
I am curious of this one. I have an original and the anniversary edition and they sound different. May need to get a Waza to see...
Interesting, I always thought the OG SD-1 and anniversary model were the same circuits.

I’ve been thinking about the SD-1w too.

Ds1s being blown out…

Who Knew Reaction GIF by GEICO

Science has already proven that the DS-1 is the best distortion pedal ever.

Maybe so, but I prophesied blowout ds-1w sales coming soon the day they announced the ds-1w.

I’m not hating on it. I had a ds-1 for years (like nearly everyone) and I could get good tones out of it although it seemed to give them up grudgingly lol. Despite its history, the ds-1 just doesn’t stick well with modern players.

D

Maybe so, but I prophesied blowout ds-1w sales coming soon the day they announced the ds-1w.

I’m not hating on it. I had a ds-1 for years (like nearly everyone) and I could get good tones out of it although it seemed to give them up grudgingly lol. Despite its history, the ds-1 just doesn’t stick well with modern players.

D
I don’t have experience with the Waza variant but isn’t it generally more positively received than the OG DS-1?

The original DS-1 does a unique and useful thing that bridges distortion and slightly gated fuzz when used as a boost into my 1959 or 2204 heads. I’ll throw it on my board sometimes when I’m using those amps.

I’ve resorted to treating the DS-1 like a fuzz in that it seems to work best when hitting something that’s already breaking up because it’s murder until you get those edges rounded off. It’s awful through my deluxe reverb.

The waza’s custom mode seems like an attempt to make it work better on clean amps using the fender tonestack by adding that huge mid boost.

It’s certainly not going to replace by Barber Burn Unit.

Back