Probable NGD

AFKAEjay

Roadie
I’ve come to agreement on financial terms, and scheduled a pickup under the condition that I can withdraw if I don’t like it:

IMG_0549.jpeg

Brand: Seventy Seven, Made in Japan, LP sized hollow, Ebony board. It said “centerblock” in the specs, the trapeze tail suggests otherwise…but no biggy, very curious about it.

I’ve come to agreement on financial terms, and scheduled a pickup under the condition that I can withdraw if I don’t like it:

View attachment 22747
Brand: Seventy Seven, Made in Japan, LP sized hollow, Ebony board. It said “centerblock” in the specs, the trapeze tail suggests otherwise…but no biggy, very curious about it.
It looks lovely, hopefully it ticks enough boxes for you. Good luck!

Status update requested :hmm
:grin
Planning:
2 glasses of wine and mock over our disqualification in the Eurovision ;)
Sleep for 8 hours
Quick breakfast
Drive for an hour
Buy the thing
Drive for an hour
Wing foil for 4 hours
Play the thing for an hour
ETA..22 hours from now ;)

Got me the guitar.
Met at parking lot with the seller…initially I had some doubts. Set up was no where near where I want it, neck was nowhere near straight enough, a pair of old 10s on it, so it sounded a bit dead (parking lot acoustics don’t help either), intonation a bit off cause of the old strings/neck curve. Very flat radius, I’m not used to that. But…the build was excellent, it breaths quality, perfect condition, beautiful fingerboard, and tbh..I loved the looks…so I took the risk.

So…did a 360 on the truss, 11s on it…it seemed to come alive. Plugged it in…and love it.
That neck pup is “my pup”…no clue what it is, so I’m gonna find out and maybe try one on another guitar…sounds fantastic! Super articulate, bright but not nasty, nice lowmids, easy on the lows.
Nice open sound, really sends an archtoppy sound through the cable. The guitar itself is not suuuper resonant…big centerblock in it.
But…that comes with the advantage that the bridge pup can do a decent drive sound. The neck pup surprisingly also handles an overdrive sound well.

It does introduce a problem…it’s in the same zone as my Eastman Romeo LA…well…time will tell.

Anyway..if you’re looking for something in between jazz vibe and drive…or a small jazzbox…put this one on your option list.
I don’t think they make these in production anymore, so you’d need luck on reverb, or custom order them. If im correct they also make m full hollow on order….im very curious about those now ;)

Congrats! I've heard good things about those Seventy Seven guitars.
Same kinda bracket as Bacchus / Edwards, etc?

Congrats! I've heard good things about those Seventy Seven guitars.
Same kinda bracket as Bacchus / Edwards, etc?
Looks like they have a MIJ line, and they sell around the 2k mark from the factory…you’d have to deal with imports/shipping.
This one I think we’re 1.2K out of the factory…and sold in EU / US around the 2k mark back in 2016.

They also have a line not produced in Japan, (Indonesia?) ..they seem to be offerd around 800,-

Back