One of My Addictions

Axe

Roadie
Concert/show dvds..

If I'm not spending disposable income on GAS....... Then I'm scavenging for concert dvds..

At present I'm approaching 200 in my collection. Nothing pleases my more in my older state of being after putting my time in my daily to attempt to become a better guitarist , nothing pleases me better than pouring a whiskey and enjoying one of my show dvds. It beats the fuck out of the present news channels..

My wife bought me "The Damn Yankees, Uprising" and "The Scorpions Live in Munich 2012" for Xmas..
Watching the Damn Yankees as I post this. Good but not as good as the Japan show dvd

My top 5 out of all of them in no particular order

Pink Floyd-- Pulse

Joe Bonamassa-- Live at Rock Palast

Nightwish-- this one I can link

Dio... Evil or Divine.. Low quality video but Doug Aldrich's tone is devine.. RIP Ronnie

I'm a huge HUGE fucking HUGE!! Accept fan.. Pick one

Dream Theatre Score.. Yeah, I know, that's six

Feel free to add your favs.. :headbang

Last edited:
I don't think I've gone longer than a month without watching at least one or two songs off PULSE since it came out in '95.

Dream Theater- Live Scenes From NY/Live At Budokan

Lamb Of God- All their DVD's are awesome. Tons of behind the scenes stuff and they do their thing so well it translates live and in video.

Pantera- All the home videos. These influenced my life....in good and bad ways.

Gilmour- Live At Pompeii

Eric Johnson- Austin City Limits

Metallica- Binge And Purge, Year And A Half Of, Cunning Stunts were huge parts of my high school life

Alice In Chains- Unplugged

Killswitch Engage - Set This World Ablaze

Faith No More- Live At Brixton Academy

Queensryche- Operation: Livecrime

Led Zeppelin Live (is there a name for that? the one that came out in '03)

G3 Live, all of them are great but the EJ/Vai/Satch lineup is my favorite

Vai- Live At The Astoria and String Theories (or whichever one he had the violinists out with him)

Satch- Live in San Fran

Peter Gabriel- Secret World or any of his DVD's

I've got a whole box of them, they're indeed one of my favorites to collect as well. The behind the scenes footage on that stuff was your only way of getting a glimpse of bands sometimes.

If you can find this dvd, GRAB IT!
It will become one of your prized possessions

This double dvd is killer tho I believe the Tampere show is better than this Wembly offering. Still kicks tho

And Floor is undoubtedly among if not the best female vocalist on the planet

Last edited:
This concert is… just really special man. I’ve probably shared this before but it’s a good one.

Back