Now what are we going to talk about

B# and Fb.

:wat :rofl
Morgan Freeman Laughing GIF

Back story on wearing out frets .
I’ve played guitar off and on since a teenager.
Saw Michael Schenker in a local theater, which inspired me to give it a go again .
Bought a Strat not a Flying V🤷🏻
Started working on some SRV type stuff.
With my gorilla grip I wore divots in the usual places doing “boomer bends” while playing e minor pentatonic style licks 🤪

Back story on wearing out frets .
I’ve played guitar off and on since a teenager.
Saw Michael Schenker in a local theater, which inspired me to give it a go again .
Bought a Strat not a Flying V🤷🏻
Started working on some SRV type stuff.
With my gorilla grip I wore divots in the usual places doing “boomer bends” while playing e minor pentatonic style licks 🤪
Maybe it's me, but the older style frets seemed to wear out much, much quicker. Divots everywhere.
These days I've been using Dunlop 6000, Jescar Gold 58118, or 57110 sizes. Hardly get much fret wear anymore, even with the nickel dunlops.
My technique has changed, but still think the nickel frets have gotten better.

Maybe it's me, but the older style frets seemed to wear out much, much quicker. Divots everywhere.
These days I've been using Dunlop 6000, Jescar Gold 58118, or 57110 sizes. Hardly get much fret wear anymore, even with the nickel dunlops.
My technique has changed, but still think the nickel frets have gotten better.
Frets in general ss, evo and nickel vary quite widely in hardness from different manufacturers. Stick with a good brand and even nickel will last quite well unless you have gorilla technique. I like stainless mostly because of the feel when bending strings. I don’t wear nickel frets out quickly.

Back