Now I remember why I stopped gigging my PRSi

Baba

Shredder
Nasally and Middy AF, lol.

I have a Custom 24 and a Navarro. I’ve have had them since 2004/2005, and way back, I put Duncan JB/Jazz sets in them. I’m sure the JB is the main culprit, but still, I guess my tastes changed over the years, because I’m just not looking for that nasally, mid-heavy shredders tone like I had been, since the 80’s :rofl

24.75” scale, PAF-derivative pups, stoptail, thick body, or GTFO.

So what pickups are you gonna use to swap out the JB/Jazz sets?

I dunno, I have a Duncan ‘59 in another guitar that doesn’t suit that pickup, so I might swap those, but in all reality, I’ll probably just hang my PRSi back up on the wall, where they have been for the last 3 or 4 years :rofl

Dimarzio 36ths, Duncan 59's, or some other similar A5 PAF-ish pickup would help. JB's are super mid heavy, although the Jazz should be really scooped and bright. I've got a set of Friedman Classic pickups I'm probably going to sell if you're interested. Or the Suhr Thornbuckers are really nice, I have a set of those I rotate in and out of my PRS when I want something a bit more classic.

Dimarzio 36ths, Duncan 59's, or some other similar A5 PAF-ish pickup would help. JB's are super mid heavy, although the Jazz should be really scooped and bright. I've got a set of Friedman Classic pickups I'm probably going to sell if you're interested. Or the Suhr Thornbuckers are really nice, I have a set of those I rotate in and out of my PRS when I want something a bit more classic.

Friedman Classics are GREAT pickups. Loved it in my Friedman Tele (w/P90 neck).

Friedman Classics are GREAT pickups. Loved it in my Friedman Tele (w/P90 neck).

They are very cool. A little pricey new but better used. They are like Duncan 59 but a little hotter and fatter. Too much for my Les Paul but I liked them in my PRS with bolt on maple neck.

They are very cool. A little pricey new but better used. They are like Duncan 59 but a little hotter and fatter. Too much for my Les Paul but I liked them in my PRS with bolt on maple neck.

1667172857918.png

Yeah I may try them again in the PRS. I had a set and sold them then bought another set and thinking of selling them lol.

Been trying to find the right set for my Les Paul, got a set of Duncan A2 Pros (non slash) for a low wind vintage thing. I’ve got three humbucker guitars, the PRS CE which sounds good with anything, the PRS Standard all mahogany that sounds like a better Les Paul, and the Les Paul itself.

So may try the A2Pro in the LP, either Thornbuckers in the S2 mahogany or keep the current Duncan Jazz/Hybrid setup, and Friedman or stock 85/15 in the CE.

Back