"North East" Amp Fest - Erie, PA - Spring 2024

KyleBull

Groupie
Gear Pro
So I've been kicking this idea around for about a year. I'd REALLY love to make it some sort of reality.

I have a collection of over 100 amps at this point. Some coveted, most are somewhat run of the mill - but people are constantly asking me what Ap A sounds like, how does it compare to B and C, etc. Hell, it's why I started my YouTube channel in the first place.

I've seen videos of other amp get togethers that have happened in the past, mostly out west. I've always been jealous. Looks like a lot of fun, and getting a room full of people together that are there purely for amps sounds like a blast to me.

With that being said, I have a location I could make this happen in. Also, with the pull of the channel behind me, I can definitely get some sponsors on board, as well as some amps sent out that I don't currently own. I could definitely make this an event with some proper planning.

The primary issue is - I live in Erie, PA. I feel like getting people to come to me may be difficult. At the same time, I'm not willing to set this up in another location, because I would be the primary supplier of equipment, and I'm not trying to book a flat bed to do so, LOL.

So just tossing this idea out there - a one-two day event with a bunch of different booths set up with different amps and cabs for people to sit down, spend a certain amount of time playing on so they can finally try amps they have wanted to for years, and mix it up with others who are doing the same thing.

Is this something that anyone would be realistically interested in? Enough so to travel to attend?

Well, if you‘re doing a „100 Amps“ World Tour and come to Germany, I‘m in! ;-)

But seriously, I think that‘s a very cool idea. You could also turn it into a multi-day event and - with the right sponsors on board - invite a horde of YouTubers.

Last edited:
I’m not on the east coast.. actually not in US at all but would be totally interested in something like this.

Last weekend I spent a couple of hours at a store playing a bunch of guitars, unplugged.

Doing that with amps is tough in a store but would be so much more educational and interesting.
Cool idea!

It's hard to see how the population density of the area, and its relative remoteness, would be conducive to significant turnout. Erie is six hours from Philadelphia but is much closer to Cleveland and Pittsburgh so you may be able to draw from those communities.

But something that could have a positive impact on attendance is if it was combined with a music festival of some sort that would attract a larger audience and bands whose members would be interested in attending.

It sounds like a great idea and even as proposed may make a wonderful event if your ambitions are modest regarding attendance. I've been to the three day Philadelphia Guitar Show that was held in King of Prussia, PA. Attendance was sporadic but sufficient to justify renting convention hall space.

The Dean Owner's Association (DOA) has a similar type meeting and it's enjoyed by all who attend. You may want to contact the organizers of that event to get their feedback on what may or may not be helpful in organizing an event like that.

If you could do it later in the year, when I'm on my way to Put-In-Bay, I'd be down, lol. Unfortunately, I can't make it out there otherwise, with my gigging schedule.

Back