No recording rants section. But here goes. Things I LOATHE about the recording process

I’m a newb to recording so it’s all a PITA. What’s comical to me is I can be ready to track a part, play the part blind folded practicing, hit record and then without fail, fumble dick the first f*****g chord half the time. :rofl

So much this.

Also, I have older recordings from drumjams on other forums years ago and I straight up have zero idea how I played those parts.

What’s comical to me is I can be ready to track a part, play the part blind folded practicing, hit record and then without fail, fumble dick the first f*****g chord half the time.

2 possible reasons:

1) Red light syndrome. Yeah, even if you're just on yourself. Absolutely common. Only way to get rid of that is to continue doing it.

2) Not enough time to adjust to the feel and time during pre-roll. Try with a longer count in and already move your picking hand in the air. Helps a ton over here.

I found that using a foot pedal to start the DAW helps. Being engineer and artist at the same time is hard as you have to switch heads all the time (Red Dwarf reference…). Your hands and head can get it the right place to perform and all you do is hit a pedal, which most guitarists are used to.

There are plenty of USB foot switches from dirt cheap through to Helix Floor (Eric’s favourite feature many years ago)

I use it to send Alt+Tab to switch apps on my iPad live. For sending Ctrl+R to start recording it is quite capable.

Dare I ask how you want it to work?

Ahh. Would have to be an option as I can see why other people would prefer the varying by patch and snapshot

Back