NGD

-BOOGIEMAN-

Roadie
I’ve had a hard on for this guitar when I first saw that it was being released, as it reminds me of a guitar I had in my high school years. Then I saw what it was going to retail for and that put the kabosh on my purchasing it because I felt it was overpriced. Well, this weekend Pro Audi Star had an incredible sale on guitars and this was one of them. I was sooo tempted to pick up another guitar that was also on sale but sanity prevailed. Funny thing is, I commented in a thread by @la szum about my disdain for the single coil noise. I didn’t like it when I was a young man and I still don’t like it today, so much so that I’m about to convert my other strat copy to a HH configuration, parts are on the way. So what did I do??? I ordered this beauty with not one single coil pick up but three!!! Guess, I’ll just have to deal with it as I once did before!!! Here’s a quick pic, straight outta the box, into my hands for inspection and into the case until I have some time to do full cleaning and set up. The fretboard is a bit dry, but no sharp fret ends. But, for the life of me, I just can’t understand why companies can’t compete with the perfect rounded ball ends on the stainless steel frets on a couple of my MIC guitars. At least they aren’t too bad, I’ve seen and had much worse…
IMG_0174.jpeg

Coming from someone who loves LPB and fender block inlays, that guitar is sexy as hell.

Just curious on the fretboard binding, Is there any roll to those edges or is it a hard 90 degree edge?

That’s actually pretty damn cool looking. Block inlays have completely won me over, on everything. Enjoy!!!

Coming from someone who loves LPB and fender block inlays, that guitar is sexy as hell.

Just curious on the fretboard binding, Is there any roll to those edges or is it a hard 90 degree edge?
Seems like there is an ever so slight roll on the edge at least to my eyes and hands. Not sure it’s enough to be considered that they are indeed rolled. It doesn’t feel sharp or uncomfortable by any means. I’ll know more when I actually get a chance to play it!!! I need to make some time to set it up, do some maintenance and then I will be ordering some locking tuners.
🍻

Back