NGD!!! Guitar snob buys Indo-Build!

JerEvil

Roadie
Alright I fucking did it! LOVED these at launch but never pulled the trigger. This came up locally and the seller and I came to a solid agreement. To be clear, I rarely if ever consider Chinese/Indonesian built guitars. I barely make peace with S Korean builds.

Ibanez ICT700 - neck thru Iceman with reverse headstock. He swapped the OD DiMarzio pickups for a Sentient/Nazgul set, added a Tusq nut and Schaller locking tuners.

I MAY throw my white Blackened Black Wonders in it. We shall see..

He did include all the original electronics and parts.

Attachments

• IMG_5536.jpeg
    IMG_5536.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5538.jpeg
    IMG_5538.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5537.jpeg
    IMG_5537.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5539.jpeg
    IMG_5539.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5541.jpeg
    IMG_5541.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5544.jpeg
    IMG_5544.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5542.jpeg
    IMG_5542.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5547.jpeg
    IMG_5547.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5545.jpeg
    IMG_5545.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Ooh, that's sweet. What year is that guitar? What kind of bridge is on there? Hipshot?

Damn, I really dig that! Enjoy!

I'm a big fan of the Nazgul, it's definitely a modern sounding pickup where the mids are focused, it's the perfect amount of high output/tight for metal. Those two things rarely line up for me. It also splits/blends with a neck pickup surprisingly well. I might put a Sentient in the Solar the Nazgul is in, but w/ the stock Solar (Duncan) neck pickup it's really, really glassy when they're split.

Oooh ice ice, baby! Mega sweet and huge congrats.

May you love it long time! :chef
Ha! Thanks mate!

Ooh, that's sweet. What year is that guitar? What kind of bridge is on there? Hipshot?
It’s a 2011 I believe. Bridge is actually made by Gibraltar.

700series Ibbys are KILLER \M/
Yeah man for sure! The V’a they did in this series were sick too.

Congrats! Those Iceman models came out the same time as the first gen Xiphos, so they're pretty good quality and play really well.
Yeah I’d like a Xiphos as well. I dug the 27 feet one they made with the angled fretboard.

Ha! Thanks mate!

It’s a 2011 I believe. Bridge is actually made by Gibraltar.

Yeah man for sure! The V’a they did in this series were sick too.

Yeah I’d like a Xiphos as well. I dug the 27 feet one they made with the angled fretboard.
I have 2 of the Vs. Killer guitars and the stock Dimarzio DActivators are my favorite pickups.

It's a Gibraltar Custom. A TOM variant with a massive sustain block underneath.

They were introduced through the old Mike Mushok sig, and in turn, the prestige SZs. They stuck around for that Iceman series the VBT700s and the hardtail Xiphos. Speaking of which, here's mine.

FB_IMG_1718242049744.jpg

It's a Gibraltar Custom. A TOM variant with a massive sustain block underneath.

They were introduced through the old Mike Mushok sig, and in turn, the prestige SZs. They stuck around for that Iceman series the VBT700s and the hardtail Xiphos. Speaking of which, here's mine.

View attachment 24107
I still want a Xiphos. And the 7 string model :satan

A good chunk of my collection are upgraded imports. As long as the neck and frets(refinishing frets is easy for me, got all the right tools) are reasonably good, I can upgrade and fix everything else. This is my hobby, buying used imports, cheap/cheaper, and making them great guitars. Years of parts collecting leaves me often w/o having to purchase pots, pickups, tuners.

I still want a Xiphos. And the 7 string model :satan

Same, and I have 2. :LOL: I'm kicking myself for not getting the first Xiphos 707 when I had the chance, just because it was a hardtail. The new Iron Label Xiphos 7s are cool too, though not as much charm as the originals.

Also, I finally got the chance to play the newest Iron Label Iceland 7 strings. Definitely not a traditional Iceman in a sense, but they're pretty cool in their own right.

Back