NGD: 2024 Gibson Les Paul Special

EOengineer

Shredder
So I’m still very much in the honeymoon phase, but this showed up last night and I was somehow able to muster up my last shred of discipline to let it acclimate in the box for a day.

This guitar is incredible. 7lbs even. The neck is a very chunky 50s rounded profile with very nice fret binding. It balances nicely, rings like a bell, and smells awesome.

I’ll follow up later with more photos. I haven’t had a ton of time to play it due to work and life being busy, but I’ll find time soon.

IMG_1657.jpeg

IMG_1659.jpeg

IMG_1658.jpeg

This week has been so bananas I’ve still not plugged this guitar into anything, but you guys… its next level. I jammed on it unplugged for a few minutes tonight and the neck is pure magic in all its baseball bat glory.

If you like 50s necks and P90s, a better guitar doesn’t exist in standard production right now outside the custom shop.

Outside of expecting to have to change the wiring to 50s wiring there’s not a thing I’d change about this guitar.

My last 2 Gibson purchases have both been blind purchases and both guitars have been exceptional players, though I will say this guitar is executed more cleanly than my SG Standard.

Just wow.

So I’m still very much in the honeymoon phase, but this showed up last night and I was somehow able to muster up my last shred of discipline to let it acclimate in the box for a day.

This guitar is incredible. 7lbs even. The neck is a very chunky 50s rounded profile with very nice fret binding. It balances nicely, rings like a bell, and smells awesome.

I’ll follow up later with more photos. I haven’t had a ton of time to play it due to work and life being busy, but I’ll find time soon.

View attachment 26097

View attachment 26098

View attachment 26099
Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

View attachment 26097

View attachment 26098

View attachment 26099
Congrats, that's a beauty! Enjoy.

Finally got a chance to plug this guitar in. I’d been rocking my Dual Rectifier lately but opted to swap that out for a more traditional pairing - my 2204 clone. I was not disappointed.

The P90s sound great - chimey with a grind that you just can’t get out of anything else. I was impressed to find that the pickup balance was perfect out of the box - I often struggle to get that balance on other LP Specials I’ve spent time with. The volume knob cleanup is also fantastic and has me reconsidering switching to the 50s wiring.

Oh! I also found the first finish flaw in this guitar, which is a little weirdness in the nitro finish at the neck joint. It doesn’t bother me, not a big deal - especially with the tuning stability and all the other wins this guitar has going for it.

IMG_1673.jpeg

Back