New MXR Yngwie Overdrive -- Sorry, "new"

I put new in quotations because for anyone that knows anything about the life philosophy of Mr More is More, you know he has used Dimarzio (more recently, Seymour Duncan) single coils in a 70s big ass headstock Strat, with scallops, into a MORE LOUD IS MORE Marshall, what he calls "clean speakers" (basically, high wattage/more headroom speakers like the G12-65 and G12T-75), and a DOD 250 preamp. Or a YJM308. Or a Fender Yngwie Malmsteen Overdrive.

Well, now he uses an MXR Yngwie Malmsteen Overdrive, which is probably somewhere in the vacinity of basically the same thing. Hopefully, at least, this won't be unobtanium, botched release crap like the Randy Rhoads Distortion +. I'm waiting for Leon Todd to demo it before I contemplate getting this pedal, though I am surpried, given his more recently rig rundown, that it isn't a Boss pedal.

1725392360610.png

Eventually he'll have the same exact pedal made by every pedal manufacturer out there
I'm a bit suprirsed he didn't go back to DOD since I think they are back in business. Maybe MXR offered a better percentage of the sale to him or something.

I love me a OD 250, judging by the demos it's sounds gritty and raw as it should, but of course as per usual,music store YT demos sounds absolutely dreadful. I will most likely get one :LOL:

A 250 in front of an overdriven Plexi is a beautiful thing :chef
I want to try a 250 based pedal in front of my Synergy ODS modules. I kind of was on the fence about getting one, but both are on backorder at Sweetwater. If I get one, I'll have to order from somewhere else I guess.

I’d like to try a real 250, as I've always liked the Helix model.
Helix 250 is nice, the DOD 250 ri is niceierer… much so. Cranked drive you’re not going to hear a lot of difference but on lower gain there’s a lot of difference where the real pedal feels more like a genuine preamp, it definitely is a “feel” thing but also hearing. I like the 250 set low gain, as a clean preamp type of thing.
It definitely is the unsung hero of clean boosting/preamps.

C*ke bloat?
I don't know if he was doing coke, but if you stop using coke, and it was somewhat of a diet suppressant, it can cause weight gain. He was an alcoholic, which can result in weight gain over time. In addition, he smoked, though I don't know if he still does. That can be a diet suppressant to and extent, and your diet will change in strange ways if you stop smoking.

I own an original gray(had to make my own bottom plate, it was missing). Found it in a box in a closet with an original gray Ross Comp. This was back in the mid 80's after a family move from one crappy 3 decker to another. I also had a Boss digital delay in the box. I had them in that box until the late 90's and several other moves, before they became the closest thing to a lottery ticket, I've ever won.
I had no idea what they were or how revered they would become. I'm just a pack rat and continued to keep them, because that's what I've always done.
Talk about ignorance is bliss.
I'll post picks.

I don't know if he was doing coke, but if you stop using coke, and it was somewhat of a diet suppressant, it can cause weight gain. He was an alcoholic, which can result in weight gain over time. In addition, he smoked, though I don't know if he still does. That can be a diet suppressant to and extent, and your diet will change in strange ways if you stop smoking.

There's almost no possible way he wasn't doing coke

The dude's entire lifestyle is a cocaine stereotype

There's almost no possible way he wasn't doing coke

The dude's entire lifestyle is a cocaine stereotype
I never said one way or another regarding cocaine use. I know he's had alcohol abuse issues due to an issue he was apparently involved in with one of his (possibly ex) wives. I think it was some sort of domestic violence or something.

Back