New Boss Pedal - Noise Gate!

Anyone know what guitar this is?

ns-1x_section_05.jpg

Perfect for when you need just one more round of AD/DA conversion in your rig! :p

beck in 2015 or 16 when TC Electronic came out with their noise gate (Sentry) I made and impulse purchase.
While waiting for it to be delivered I realized that was a digital pedal and sent it back without even opening the box, LOL

at the time I was in an all analog phase and didn't want my sound and feel to be fucked up by a digital conversion.

Few years later I was playing a full digital rig. :facepalm

Last edited:
When is Ola going to find the noisiest signal chain he can (high gain amp with gain up to 3:00, volume high, single coils, a boost pedal like TS/SD-1 with lots of volume and some gain too, etc.) just to see how it handles it?

I would have preferred a Waza Craft version of the NS-2. Analog but without the tone suck of the regular pedal. Also, the knobs and Knight Rider LEDs of the NS-1x are ugly.
This isn't TheOtherPlace. If you spend enough time looking at your pedals to go "I won't put this on my pedalboard because it's ugly" instead of playing, you're doing it wrong.

Perfect for when you need just one more round of AD/DA conversion in your rig! :p
Made me LOL but to be fair, especially latency in Boss units is usually not anything I'd notice at all.

I'd rather worry about the buffer. Nothing against that with the right placement etc., but too many in a row will impact your toanz.

Back