Never ever did I...

Foxmeister

Roadie
... think I'd own a headless guitar, but here I am with a new toy - an Ibanez Q54!

Bought mostly to serve as a full-scale travel guitar, but I'm really enjoying it!

20220905_180317.jpg

Ha. Me too. I almost got one of those Ibanez’s. Seems a great bang for buck.

Ultimately I decided to just dip my toes in the water with the Eart. Which is a surprisingly decent guitar:

Last edited:
I’m really anxious to try one of these just because the way they look. I definitely can’t say I anticipated these making a splash these days. Really makes me wonder what else from the past is going to pop up and become a thing. In this case, it’s fair to say the Strandberg and Steinberger were ahead of their time.

Nice! I felt the same way about headless but ended up picking up a traveler guitar a few years ago for traveling and hanging out at my daughter's long volleyball practices lol... I replaced the stock pup with a BKP RiffRaff.. its fun to play.

Attachments

• travel (Large).jpg
    travel (Large).jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 28
HNGD

That's a helluva traveler guitar! I've got a super cheap and rough Hofner Shorty that does the job.

I like how it's headless but you can hang it.

Nice!

I keep flirting with a Strandberg. There are a lot of things to like about headless.

They do feel weird to me a bit. At first it’s really disorienting not having the headstock. For some reason it really threw me off when I was reaching for 1st or 2nd position stuff

They do feel weird to me a bit. At first it’s really disorienting not having the headstock. For some reason it really threw me off when I was reaching for 1st or 2nd position stuff
It’s funny you should say that, but a friend of mine came over last night and gave it a try, and he said much the same thing.

He’s a much better and more “instinctive” player than I am, so I wonder if that is the connection?

Back