NAID: RME Fireface UCX II

2dor

Roadie
After having jumped through a few USB audio interfaces in the past 3 years, I finally decided to bite the bullet and go with RME.

1720537535897.png

I wanted something that had the most accurate frequency response I could get on the Hi-Z and other ins/outs and, by the looks of it, the UCX II is it.

Have only managed to unbox & test it out for ~10 minutes.

Couldn't get any output on the headphones until I pulled out TotalMix and bumped the sliders up a tad on the Phones mix. Pretty darn powerful utility.

Wasn't cheap but yeah - judging by what folks make of it in most places I've looked, it should last me quite a bit.

Cool! RME devices last a long time. I have a Fireface 800 that I bought in 2007. It was in perfect condition until around 2018-2019 or so when it stopped syncing my computer. Sent it to their workshop in Thailand, where they replaced the entire board and sent it back to me.

Fast forward some 5-6 years later and I still have it and it's working like a champ. So no fears about reliability, and the company also stands by its products.

So I tried doing some measurements on the RME UCX II to try and understand how close to the source would signal reamped via one of its Line Outputs going into my Signal Art reamp box and coming back in on one of the Hi-Z inputs.

I shot a sweep through the reamp chain (back into the RME on Hi-Z port 3). Then, I used the "Tone Match" feature in the React:IR II to match the frequency spectrum of the original sweep signal to the reamped one; the result would be the frequency response delta between the 2.

...the thing is flat and I mean FLAT.

1720591167540.png

Gonna shoot me some NAM profiles :clint

Back