NAD (Again): Copper For Lunch

TJontheRoad

Roadie
TGF Recording Artist
Part 2 of my return to tubes is this Victory CV35 "The Copper" lunchbox. Another true rock-n-roll Brit machine that I got for a very good local deal. This, along with the PT15 IR I recently acquired, completes my trilogy of favorite classic guitar tones of American cleans, Marshall drive, and Vox punch. Anything else tone wise I maybe seeking will remain in the digital realm.

For recording, I'll be running this into my Two-Notes Torpedo that does very good Blue Alnico 2x12 emulation.

rs=w:1440,h:1440

Congrats, it's a great amp! I only sold mine because it would have collected dust since I wouldn't have been able to play it at appropriate volumes in my current apartment.

Sounds absolutely amazing through Alnico Golds.

I really like how it gets almost a fuzz character if you crank the preamp gain. To push it more towards a Matchless DC-30/HC-30 character, just turn on the mid boost.

I wish Victory would figure out how to make a IR-loader version of these lunchboxes. That would be super practical since they are so small and light.

Congrats, it's a great amp! I only sold mine because it would have collected dust since I wouldn't have been able to play it at appropriate volumes in my current apartment.

Sounds absolutely amazing through Alnico Golds.

I really like how it gets almost a fuzz character if you crank the preamp gain. To push it more towards a Matchless DC-30/HC-30 character, just turn on the mid boost.

I wish Victory would figure out how to make a IR-loader version of these lunchboxes. That would be super practical since they are so small and light.
Yeah, it has a lot of sweet spots and differing characteristics depending on the guitar used. Various combinations of mid boost, bass cut, tone knob, and powerswitch are almost endless. It works well with the Torpedo gold, blue, and silver emulations.

Thanks

Yeah, it has a lot of sweet spots and differing characteristics depending on the guitar used. Various combinations of mid boost, bass cut, tone knob, and powerswitch are almost endless. It works well with the Torpedo gold, blue, and silver emulations.

Thanks
The mid control is weird because it's extremely subtle, I even asked Victory if it was broken when I got mine because it didn't seem to do much. It does to do something but I never figured where I would want to point it.

I had the bass cut on most of the time.

The Tone knob is a Vox high cut wired in a more sensible reverse setup where the higher you turn it, the brighter it gets. That probably got the most action as it had a lot of range and was a good way to adjust for different guitars etc.

The mid control is weird because it's extremely subtle, I even asked Victory if it was broken when I got mine because it didn't seem to do much. It does to do something but I never figured where I would want to point it.

I had the bass cut on most of the time.

The Tone knob is a Vox high cut wired in a more sensible reverse setup where the higher you turn it, the brighter it gets. That probably got the most action as it had a lot of range and was a good way to adjust for different guitars etc.

Mid boost seems for me to have the most effect with single pickups. HB pickups already swallow up the mid range and there's less impact with the mid boost. Bass cut is more dramatic. Tone knob is classic Vox setup.

Back