N(o)AD

Sleezy E

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Quick backstory.. about 4-5 years ago, a buddy of mine gave an old guitar and practice amp to my daughter in-law. It was a nice gesture, but she never really learned to play much and it's been sitting in the guest room ever since.

The guitar needs some TLC so I plan to refurb it one of these days for myself... but that's a thread for another day.

This morning I thought maybe I should ask her if she still wants this stuff (which is probably a no) so I fired up the internets to see what the little practice amp goes for used.

Its a Fender VibroChamp XD... I always assumed it was a cheap SS amp... but this thing has TOOBZ!?!

Fired it up and plugged in my mexi strat, because fender, and I'm lovin' it. Sale cancelled... ima keep it!

vibrochamp-part065-022326-70fce23d60cf5ea11189610c1c970f45.jpg

Sweet! Those are great little amps. Same with the Super Champ XD. Fender's take
on a tube power section paired with digital modeling. :banana

I think they are better than the new Tonemaster series, and the Mustangs. And they
were cheap as hell back in the day---as I recall.

Quick backstory.. about 4-5 years ago, a buddy of mine gave an old guitar and practice amp to my daughter in-law. It was a nice gesture, but she never really learned to play much and it's been sitting in the guest room ever since.

The guitar needs some TLC so I plan to refurb it one of these days for myself... but that's a thread for another day.

This morning I thought maybe I should ask her if she still wants this stuff (which is probably a no) so I fired up the internets to see what the little practice amp goes for used.

Its a Fender VibroChamp XD... I always assumed it was a cheap SS amp... but this thing has TOOBZ!?!

Fired it up and plugged in my mexi strat, because fender, and I'm lovin' it. Sale cancelled... ima keep it!

vibrochamp-part065-022326-70fce23d60cf5ea11189610c1c970f45.jpg
These are killer little amps. I had one for a few years but something in it broke. The Fender service center in San Antonio that I dropped it off at lost/stole it. I never was made whole. Still miss it.

The x2 is my “most gigged” last couple of years cause it’s so nicely compact.
Replaced the speaker with a celestion gold (noticeable upgrade) and had a tech add a poweramp input so it can also be a “powered speaker” for preamp/modeler….or a satelite in a stereo rig.

I'm tempted to mic it up for some recording, but I'll probably get lazy.. so easy to pull up a model/ir and go¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back