My Never-Ending Gigging Amp Journey

. Here's what I'm looking for:
  • 30-50 tube watts, preferably not EL84.
  • 2 channels: A clean that stays clean for funk and a British-style dirty channel that stays clear, not muddy, up to JCM800 levels of gain. Global master volume would be great.
  • Fully buffered effects loop is a must! I use delay & reverb pedals thru the loop.
  • Smallbox, lightweight head, preferably less than 23" wide and <40 lbs (needs to fit on my cabs).
This is the Friedman Runt 50 to a T, except for the global master volume but it's easy to balance out the channels. Or you can easily add a global master with a JHS little volume box last in line in the loop.

How about the 50 watt Bogner Ecstasy? The blue channel will have a little more gain than 800 levels.. though I don't know how funky the clean will do (Since I never play clean lol)

This thread is pure gold:

Sleewell: "dude, you're way too picky. Nobody cares about your tone nearly as much as you think they do."

Laxu: "surely the Blu is utter perfection?!?"

Spawn: "5153 solves all problems"

Jive: "Badlander solves all problems"

Dessert: "You just haven't tried the RIGHT Mesa with el84s"

TSJ: "You just haven't tried the RIGHT Mesa"

Byrdman-standing-in-for-90%-of-the-place: "You say a head and 4x12 is too much. Have you considered TWO heads and 4x12s?!?"

Now I'm in here being an asshole...

We just need Stone to come in and remind us how much he loves his Fractal and we should juuuuuuuuust about have the entire forum all wrapped up neatly in one thread? :rofl :rofl :beer:beer

(Has he tried the Electra Dyne?)

How about the 50 watt Bogner Ecstasy? The blue channel will have a little more gain than 800 levels.. though I don't know how funky the clean will do (Since I never play clean lol)
That's high on my list and one I may try next if I can find a good deal.
Bad Cat Hot Cat?
New Hot Cat 45 is another that's very intriguing. Jury is still out on how clean the clean channel stays at loud levels.
(Has he tried the Electra Dyne?)
No but's it one of the few Mesa's I'd still like to try.

Back