My band put out an EP

Happened to be near Denver this weekend so I made it a point to check out the Jawa EP release show on the north side of town. Cool venue with a good warm up band, I really enjoyed Jawa's jammed out instrumentals featuring some absolutely stellar guitar playing and killer tones from our very own Spawn of the Sith! Been chatting with him on guitar message boards for years, but always cool to meet in person, and listen to some really good music. He kept it interesting with the use of a looper and killer FX, their sound was way more than what you'd expect from a trio - just listen to the EP, lol.

Most jambands hail from the east coast, but I've definitely noticed a huge jam scene growing here in Denver. Phish is here every Labor Day weekend for a multiple day run at Dick's, Dead & Co sold out CU's football stadium for multiple days this summer, Red Rocks Amphitheater always has great shows on the schedule, Dead themed bars and breweries all over the city, and tons of up and coming jambands playing week in, week out at the smaller venues and bars. Kinda makes me wanna move here...

DcU2Z4ll.jpg

Happened to be near Denver this weekend so I made it a point to check out the Jawa EP release show on the north side of town. Cool venue with a good warm up band, I really enjoyed Jawa's jammed out instrumentals featuring some absolutely stellar guitar playing and killer tones from our very own Spawn of the Sith! Been chatting with him on guitar message boards for years, but always cool to meet in person, and listen to some really good music. He kept it interesting with the use of a looper and killer FX, their sound was way more than what you'd expect from a trio - just listen to the EP, lol.

Most jambands hail from the east coast, but I've definitely noticed a huge jam scene growing here in Denver. Phish is here every Labor Day weekend for a multiple day run at Dick's, Dead & Co sold out CU's football stadium for multiple days this summer, Red Rocks Amphitheater always has great shows on the schedule, Dead themed bars and breweries all over the city, and tons of up and coming jambands playing week in, week out at the smaller venues and bars. Kinda makes me wanna move here...

DcU2Z4ll.jpg

Thanks again for coming out, it was great to meet you in person!! And thank you for the kind words about the show! :love

We've definitely got a little island mecca of jambandery out here, its pretty rad lol

I had acquired a Sunday Dick's ticket, but ended up having to sell after the whole situation with the pup started going down Sunday morning :(

Was thinking about maybe trying to make a lil trip out to Chicago for one of the shows so I don't have to wait a whole year, but we shall see

Thanks again for coming out, it was great to meet you in person!! And thank you for the kind words about the show! :love

We've definitely got a little island mecca of jambandery out here, its pretty rad lol

I had acquired a Sunday Dick's ticket, but ended up having to sell after the whole situation with the pup started going down Sunday morning :(

Was thinking about maybe trying to make a lil trip out to Chicago for one of the shows so I don't have to wait a whole year, but we shall see
You didn't miss anything, brother. The lightning delayed the doors opening until around 9:00, so the band came on around 9:30 and played a 2.5 hour megaset, but it was like they tried to cram a whole show into the shorter timeframe. Was stoked they played at all, but the rushed feel and Trey ripcording out of every jam (for epic jam songs like Runaway Jim, Free, Hood, and First Tube) was disappointing to say the least. Maybe only 2-3 tunes topped 10 minutes. Definitely the right choice to stay with Shadow - so sorry again man.

Back