Musiclily Pro Guitar Dual Brass Tremolo Stopper / Stabilizer

texhex

Roadie
This works and works well. Super easy to install, high quality parts, everything included. It even comes with little hard plastic round pieces that go between the end ball connection and the bridge block to deaden the noise of the trem making contact.

All you need is a 1/16 drill bit to pre-drill the screw holes and it installs in a snap. Trem springs don't rub the screws underneath and the movement of the device is fluid. I would recommend the dual (two springs) version as the tension seems perfect for a three spring trem.

Pull back hard enough and you can still pull back on the trem just like a full floating trem but otherwise it's rock solid, stays put and any palm mute pressure doesn't affect your tuning.

Highly recommend!

Amazon Link

xv1Jr5v.jpeg

FVWVoeJ.jpeg

WBcRIou.jpeg

Looks interesting. I may need to try one.

I've been using the Mag-Lok: Anti-Deflection Device for years on 4 of my guitars. Simple install and works great to stabilize a floating trem.

It uses small strong magnets that prevent deflection when bending strings and playing double stops, but isn't quite strong enough to allow drop tuning. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mag-lok_anti-deflection_device.png

maglok_installed_1.jpg

These work well. I used them in a few Ibanez J-Customs that I had previously. They worked great!

That looks pretty beefy! I’ve been eyeing some of the Musiclily bridges for the $200 Kramer I bought.

That looks enticing. I've been wondering about trem stablisers a lot and been wanting to try one out. But I tend to use the bar for fluttering pretty often, and while I know these will at least affect that in some way or another, I don't want to be extreme.

Anyone here still do Vai esque abuse with these and have no issues?

This looks pretty damn similar to the Ibanez Backstop and Vai's been using those for decades. I was always curious about that, actually.

Yeah, which was exactly why I had to ask, since Vai can flutter like a madman.

On principle, the ZPS on the Edge Zeros are the same variant. But when I tried one on my EZ2, I hated it and removed the ZPS system. I've warmed up to it after trying my cousin's recently, but only with better knowledge and more caution.

This looks pretty damn similar to the Ibanez Backstop
That was my first thought...
and Vai's been using those for decades. I was always curious about that, actually.
Really?

At Vai Academy several years back, Thomas Nordegg (Vai's long time, but now retired, tech) gave a rundown on guitar setup using one of Steve's guitars and I don't recall seeing one or Thomas mentioning it, which would seem like an oversight given how thorough he was.

Or maybe he uses them only on certain guitars? Maybe for recording, especially rhythm?

I have owned many guitars that came with the Backstop. I have removed all of them (they are heavy!) and I think I sold them all. You can get $200+ for them ;)

That was my first thought...

Really?

At Vai Academy several years back, Thomas Nordegg (Vai's long time, but now retired, tech) gave a rundown on guitar setup using one of Steve's guitars and I don't recall seeing one or Thomas mentioning it, which would seem like an oversight given how thorough he was.

Or maybe he uses them only on certain guitars? Maybe for recording, especially rhythm?

I have owned many guitars that came with the Backstop. I have removed all of them (they are heavy!) and I think I sold them all. You can get $200+ for them ;)

EVO and Flo have had them from the very beginning. There’s usually a shitton of paper towels shoved into the back cavities, but they’ve been in there. Long enough that after fans kept asking why they aren’t in JEMs that Vai answered it during one of his livestreams.

Way back in the Jemsite days the owner got a small tour of Vai’s guitars on the Ultra Zone tour, when Jemsiters saw the backstop in Evo they started buying up everything they could find on the internet as they were already discontinued, but that’s when the “Why does Vai get guitars that are different than we get?!?!” started up.

Back