Music transcription software/app?

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Anyone know of an app or program that can listen to a song and spit out the notes and/or tablature?

Hoping someone chimes in with something - seriously.

But based upon years of seeing some pretty bad tabs on the internet, I'm not that hopeful - I hope I'm entirely wrong.

Haven’t seen anything like this, but it’d be a good application for machine learning and AI.

I went down the rabbit hole the other day looking through a pile of them, but most either don't do what they say, get awful reviews, or expect you to buy before you try with no guarantee they do what ya want...
Haven’t seen anything like this, but it’d be a good application for machine learning and AI.
That was my thought, too. Instead of stealing art or making fake writing or voiceovers, how about AI tools that actual help creative people.

I suppose you could do this starting with track extraction software where it isolates each instrument from a song. Once isolated it could be converted to midi and put into a notation software? There might be a company doing all of these processes at once -- not sure. I've tried an extraction software demo from hit n mix and it was interesting. Pretty sure it had a midi converter option as well.

About a year ago, I downloaded and played with an app called "Chord AI". I installed on my Android phone. I don't know what other systems it is available to run on. I tried one other that I deleted and kept this one. This does not produce full notation or tablature, but gives you chords. I gave it some of my own songs to test it and it did great (easiest 3 chord shit you can think of). The more complex or "heavily mixed" stuff was, the less accurate it's results became. But it was sufficient for my needs, put me in the ballpark and then I just play around from there (7th, min7th, sus2, sus4, etc.) to see what I think sounds best. I don't use this app much though because I can find chord charts for most the stuff I want. I've never used the feature where you can feed it url or streamed stuff on your phone, I always used mp3 or flac files to feed it. You can also use the phone mic and read from that but I also have not tried that feature, though now that I think about it, I should!

Back