More experiments today with cabs and speakers.

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Took the day off and glad I did because it took all of Sunday to recover from Saturdays show that ran into about 4am Sunday by the time the after party was done. I am officially too old for that $hit. Anywho..

I used my Spidervalve 2x12 combo and my 8ohm 2x12 Jet City cab and really loved my stage tone. Went direct to power amp in of course using Helix's Mark IV lead amp all night. I had taken the V30's out of my SV and put them in an X pattern with G12T-75;s in a 4x12 cab. It sounds great but I really preferred using double 2x12's over a single 4x12 cab, so I will be swapping out speakers today. Not sure yet if I am going to try and stack my SV on top of the Jet City and continue with the X pattern thing between the two or put the V30's back in the SV and the G12T-75's into the Jet City.
I guess I will try a couple configurations and see which I like best but I am not big on spending hours and hours doing that stuff. If the first config sounds great I will leave it. I have a Nepalese friend Karna who used to say to me "fix til break Robert, fix til break" and he was referring to how I mod/tweak stuff til I am back at square one LOL. I always think of him when I am doing stuff like this and it reminds me to stop when I am happy.

Well time to grab the Dewalt and start swapping speakers.

Took the day off and glad I did because it took all of Sunday to recover from Saturdays show that ran into about 4am Sunday by the time the after party was done. I am officially too old for that $hit. Anywho..

I used my Spidervalve 2x12 combo and my 8ohm 2x12 Jet City cab and really loved my stage tone. Went direct to power amp in of course using Helix's Mark IV lead amp all night. I had taken the V30's out of my SV and put them in an X pattern with G12T-75;s in a 4x12 cab. It sounds great but I really preferred using double 2x12's over a single 4x12 cab, so I will be swapping out speakers today. Not sure yet if I am going to try and stack my SV on top of the Jet City and continue with the X pattern thing between the two or put the V30's back in the SV and the G12T-75's into the Jet City.
I guess I will try a couple configurations and see which I like best but I am not big on spending hours and hours doing that stuff. If the first config sounds great I will leave it. I have a Nepalese friend Karna who used to say to me "fix til break Robert, fix til break" and he was referring to how I mod/tweak stuff til I am back at square one LOL. I always think of him when I am doing stuff like this and it reminds me to stop when I am happy.

Well time to grab the Dewalt and start swapping speakers.

4AM? I’m not sure anyone can pay me enough to have a guitar around my neck at 4AM. I’m too damn old and cranky. My bladder wouldn’t even hold out that long. I need my bed, my bathroom, my chair, my dogs etc etc. Anything after 1AM starts feeling like torture.

4AM? I’m not sure anyone can pay me enough to have a guitar around my neck at 4AM. I’m too damn old and cranky. My bladder wouldn’t even hold out that long. I need my bed, my bathroom, my chair, my dogs etc etc. Anything after 1AM starts feeling like torture.

You know, when I was between 15 and 30 years of age, at pretty much all the gigs that I saw, where the band went backstage for a while before the encore, I'd think: "they're doing coke, smoking a bowl etc."

Now I'm 40, and I know the old men up there just have to pee. :D

At some point in my life - for a variety of reasons - I had to re-prioritize what the fuck I was doing. Not talking about anybody else here.

But now if I am up at 3-4 AM it’s because I just woke up, not because I stayed up. That’s me now. Has been for a long time.

There is nothing more that I used to hate than hearing the birds in the morning, when I haven’t slept all night doing bad/fun/cray cray things. Hasn’t happened in decades.

Now when I listen to the birds, I hear their beauty every morning.

America What GIF by Nat Geo Wild

At some point in my life - for a variety of reasons - I had to re-prioritize what the f**k I was doing. Not talking about anybody else here.

But now if I am up at 3-4 AM it’s because I just woke up, not because I stayed up. That’s me now. Has been for a long time.

There is nothing more that I used to hate than hearing the birds in the morning, when I haven’t slept all night doing bad/fun/cray cray things. Hasn’t happened in decades.

Now when I listen to the birds, I hear their beauty every morning.

America What GIF by Nat Geo Wild
Really depends on money. When I’m not being a superhero, I work all 3 shifts so working until the sun comes up happens a week a month anyway. Also getting old and being overly caffeinated makes real sleep all but impossible anyway usually

Back