Mesa Triple Crown or 2555X

DSL is as proper Marshall as they come IMO, covers all the tones. If anything, the Jubilee is a weirder circuit for them (diodes and no cathode follower). Go for the TC (which has its roots in a Fender Tone Master). They’re cool amps and it’ll complement the DSL nicely.

I have an original 2555 just not white tolex. In all honestly my JCM900 mkIII sounds better to me and it’s 1/4 the price. The 2555 is way over hyped. But then again, so is the 800.

Now one of the most iconic amps in rock history is "over hyped." Huh?

The JCM800 arguably appeared on more classic hard rock and early metal
recordings than any other amp ever made. But whatever. The Almighty Bruce
has spoken.

Now one of the most iconic amps in rock history is "over hyped." Huh?

The JCM800 arguably appeared on But whatever. The Almighty Bruce
has spoken.

I think you may need a hobby that doesn’t involve me.

I gave an opinion based on owning the aforementioned gear, much of which I’ve extensively used.

I’m sorry that triggered you. You will get over it. Better days ahead for you, I promise.

Here is a popular YouTuber demonstrating you don’t need a 40 year old amp to get the same tired tones. Errr….sounds. Tone is in the fingers. A DSL is the same shit at the end of the day, packed with much more shit if you choose to use it.

But you go ahead and worship whatever brand/model/era you like. These companies will be thrilled to take whatever money you throw at them for being on “more classic hard rock and early metal
recordings than any other amp ever made.”

NOW the mighty Bruce has spoken.

Last edited:
Back